Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing county to say your from?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Cork definately isnt the worst!!!!

At least people have heard of Cork!!!

I must admit the Cork CITY accent is unbearable but the rest of the county doesn't sound the same!!

The dublin aceent is worse....

Most embarassing counties:

Leitrim, longford, cavan, offaly etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CarlaHeidi

Here if your not from Dublin your gerrin abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Duggy747 wrote: »
    How depressing is this that my hometown earns these statistics:

Oldest average population in Ireland, no fresh pussy :(
    Second highest number of bachelors per capita in Ireland, no pussy to be given out :(

But at least there's this:
    Highest percentage of Leaving Certificate students continuing on to third level education in Ireland. Boo-yah, we're smart sheep-shaggers!

There may be a co-relation between those statistics. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

biko wrote: »
    Faeces?

Dam you!!!! Corrected now though. :p
    R0ot wrote: »
    Well we are all from Muff if ya think about it. (Gets worse though there's a place up beside Muff called Graines (sp?) Gap)

Back on topic, I'd say Kerry. :D

Ah sure I know that but being from Muff in Muff would be better... :D

Also "Tipp-her-hairy" as I call it is non-existant except for the fact that I call it by a cool name.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Has to be Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

I for one am proud of my Carkonian heritage.

Our high pitched tone, unique choice of slang and our natural instinct to tell people where we're from defines us from the murderers of Limerick, the sand people of Roscommon, Leitrim etc etc and the West Britons of Dublin ( Now Encompassing Kildare, Meath and Wicklow)! :pac:

I am also proud to be a native of the city where the greatest soccer player to ever come out of Ireland hails from, and the county where the great Michael Collins was born! :)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    living there doesn't mean you are from there :p albert was born and raised in Rooskey county roscommon http://www.nndb.com/people/232/000111896/

And was so ashamed that he masqueraded as a LONGFORD person.

Enuf said! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I for one am proud of my Carkonian heritage.

Our high pitched tone, unique choice of slang and our natural instinct to tell people where we're from defines us from the murderers of Limerick, the sand people of Roscommon, Leitrim etc etc and the West Britons of Dublin ( Now Encompassing Kildare, Meath and Wicklow)! :pac:

I am also proud to be a native of the city where the greatest soccer player to ever come out of Ireland hails from, and the county where the great Michael Collins was born! :)

there i was thinking paul mcgrath was born in england :p

i will give ye collins no doubt but keane not a chance, turning his back on his country because he didn't like the hotel room :(

Moonbaby wrote: »
    And was so ashamed that he masqueraded as a LONGFORD person.

Enuf said! :cool:

he brought democracy to the wild lands of longford, its hard to believe the counties are only separated by the river shannon :D

never saw a county express so much emotion as when leitrim won the connaught title in 1994, i heard Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh talking about this too, he was amazed at the scenes that day

They were pretty amused when Nigel Dineen lead the Rosc*** team in a game of cock pool too. ~smirk~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

The dublin aceent is worse....

Agreed! Very hard to listen to. Maybe we should make a table or something to see which has the most votes, but methinks Lietrim is winning.

On the Cavan thing, yeah we of the neighbouring counties (Monaghan) do give ye some slagging. But sure tis all in good fun! :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    They were pretty amused when Nigel Dineen lead the Rosc*** team in a game of cock pool too. ~smirk~

another thing us rossies are great at naked pool :p

i am sure your county is good at something too Moonbaby, no need to keep listing our greatness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Has to be Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I am also proud to be a native of the city where the greatest soccer player to ever come out of Ireland hails from

George Best? Belfast/Antrim.

and the county where the great Michael Collins was born! :)

And killed:pac:

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

This thread is similar to a Stock, Aiken, Waterman record from the late 80's.

What's the worst county accent?
    What county has the biggest scumbags?
    Would you watch Winning Streak if someone from your county was on it?

It's the same aul ****e of a thread, isn´t though?

A chance for someone from Kerry to slag off Cork, or Derry/Donegal, Meath/Dublin, Louth/Meath................bla bla and so on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Wickla

I have spent years listen to how i am a wanna be dub, and its really dublin blah, blah, blah

i am from wickla and i dont care what any of you say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

irishbird wrote: »
    Wickla

I have spent years listen to how i am a wanna be dub, and its really dublin blah, blah, blah

i am from wickla and i dont care what any of you say

irishbird

Clearly a wannabe Dub :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

javaboy wrote: »
    irishbird

Clearly a wannabe Dub :pac:

i live in dublin, i am from wickla and i would move back tomorrow if i could afford it :(

all these bloody dubs have move out there and inflated the prices ridiculously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

all the dirty nordie countys that think there irish......d only gud thing to come out of nordie land is harp

Its actually not from the North. It was first created and is brewed in The Great Northern Brewery which is in Dundalk. :D
    phenomenon wrote: »
    My vote goes to Louth purely because of the horrible accent. Steve Staunton's "Am the gaff-uh he-yuh" anyone? There sems to be a gradient as the accent gets worse as you move north from Drogheda to Ardee to Dundalk where the native speech becomes unintelligible! I cringe when I'm standing on the train platform in the evening and hear a convo between Louth commuters. :o

Well its no the most embarrassing county to say your from because no one from Louth says they are from Louth they will either say they are from Dundalk or Drogheda :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

As a Corkonian, I'll have to say Kerry!
    All sheep farmers with the IQ of your average lamppost :D
    (I have some Kerry blood in me though so I can't say too much)
    rossie1977 wrote:
    ...keane not a chance, turning his back on his country because he didn't like the hotel room :(
    :rolleyes:

The training facilities the Irish team were given were an absolute joke.
    Keane had the balls to raise this issue and McCarthy treated him like **** because of it.
    rabble
    Jeez lighten up would ya? It's not a "serious" discussion.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

The training facilities the Irish team were given were an absolute joke.
    Keane had the balls to raise this issue and McCarthy treated him like **** because of it.

ok eamon :p

good job poor old roy didn't play football then in the 1950s or 60s alongside puskas, pele and the like, terrible pitches everywhere, big heavy ball, big heavy boots, no first class service.............

when you question your manager you don't have a foot to stand on, thats the nature of football

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

ok eamon :p

good job poor old roy didn't play football then in the 1950s or 60s alongside puskas, pele and the like, terrible pitches everywhere, big heavy ball, big heavy boots, no first class service.............

when you question your manager you don't have a foot to stand on, thats the nature of football

You should request a forum where you can talk about football and related matters: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Jeez lighten up would ya? It's not a "serious" discussion.

I am right though yeah????

I mean we've had this before???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

you seem to be the only one who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A 31-way tie between all those counties that aren't Dublin. :D

If I had to be specific, I'd probably say Cavan because you'd spend your whole life trying to live down the tight Cavan git label, even if you were the most generous person on the planet. Honorable mentions go to Longford and Leitrim, because everyone knows they're just made up and don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

That high-pitched Cork accent is only spoken by people of the lower classes...and common people!

Some parts of Dublin are really hard to understand. Just the other night (in Chicago) this Dublin lad said 'Yizgotalightboys' in a tenth of a second. I had to ask him to repeat himself twice. I can only imagine how hard it would be for shop assistants to understand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Cork.

Without a doubt, it's the worst place in Ireland.

I'm from there and I regard it as an embarrassment.

The accent, people (not all of them but a significant majority), mindset, arrogance, intelligence (or lack of same to be more accurate) and average personality that can be found in the place truly makes Cork the hellhole of Ireland.

And to paraphrase Dylan Moran, Cork stupid people sound stupider than other stupid people.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And to paraphrase Dylan Moran, Cork stupid people sound stupider than other stupid people.

I've just been watching him do that routine :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Has to be Leitrim.

Nobody is born in Leitrim, they are born in counties with hospitals.

Advertisement