Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing county to say your from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

why are people from cark so defensive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

OC?

I am from SoCoLe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Cork.

Without a doubt, it's the worst place in Ireland.

I'm from there and I regard it as an embarrassment.

The accent, people (not all of them but a significant majority), mindset, arrogance, intelligence (or lack of same to be more accurate) and average personality that can be found in the place truly makes Cork the hellhole of Ireland.

And to paraphrase Dylan Moran, Cork stupid people sound stupider than other stupid people.

Have you any county pride? Lacking this fundamental quality not only separates you from us Corkonians, but from all Irish! Maybe you'd be happier amongst the royals. ;)

Your accent defines part of who you are, I'm sorry you are ashamed of your identity!

Intelligence? Are you talking about the minority of isiots you find in every real city or the educated people of this university city? :confused:

Garbage.

'The accent'... Who do you think you are... ?
    If you're from there you'll still have it but judging by your post you seem to have moved to greener pastures.

I suppose the finest Merlots are only good enough for you now, and you wouldn't be seen dead shopping in the English market among the riff raff.

You should be ashamed & embarrassed of yourself for that post...

Exiles...:rolleyes:

Spot on, that's the Cork pride! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Nobody is born in Leitrim, they are born in counties with hospitals.

+1. My OH who has lived all her life beyond the Pale was born in the Coombe. I checked before introducing her to the parents. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I pity the fools who diss people for being from the county they are from. Obviously never been there so therefore don't know what their talking about. I'm from Leitrim and if anybody dissed me for being from same I'd tell them to fcuk off. I wish more of my fellow people would do the same. There I said it. Same goes if was from any other county TBH. The smell of ignorance is not nice TBH.

'tis better than the smell of cows**t though

Bambi wrote: »
    'tis better than the smell of cows**t though

Ha wha are you sh1ting about there? Were you born in a field?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Leitrim........I remember moving from Leitrim to Sligo and the first question I was asked was: 'so do ye have toilets in Leitrim or what?'

Rich, coming from them :pac:

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote: »
    Ha wha are you sh1ting about there? Were you born in a field too?

fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

irishbird wrote: »
    Wickla

i am from wickla and i dont care what any of you say

I knew a fella from Wicla once IB ...

Bambi wrote: »
    fixed.

Aw, ur funny and cute.... (like a 5 year old could be)..... well done!

stepbar wrote: »
    Ha wha are you sh1ting about there? Were you born in a field?

Are you my clone?

Leitrim has two hospitals-St pats in Carrick on Shannon and Manorhamilton.

Leitrim has two hospitals-St pats in Carrick on Shannon and Manorhamilton.

We'll give him that one. Technically he's right. It's a long time since anyone was born in Leitrim abeit along the side of a road or something strange like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Definitely Wexford.

Everyone always starts in with that dreaded line...
    "Only two good things come from Wexford- Strawberries and 'Knackers'- and you don't look like no strawberry there love".
    Apologies for the awful line- I'm faced with it oh so very often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Bambi wrote:
    why are people from cark so defensive?
    Because the bullies from the other 31 counties keep attacking us (out of jealousy)
    It's not our fault we're so much better than the rest of ye ;)

There was somebody born in Leitrim in the last decade......it was in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    There was somebody born in Leitrim in the last decade......it was in the paper.

Don't believe everything you read in those red tops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I'm proud to be from Fingal. No one accepts it as a real county though, and that's pretty embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Has to be dublin.
    Why would anyone want to say they were from there?
    With their stupid accents and breathing in all that toxic air...
    *shivers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 strawberryfield

I know everyone always says cork but recently i've started to salvate over guys who speak with a deep voice and a light cork accent. Every fibre of my being knows its wrong for an entire population to put that many syllables on words....but jesus...i dunno. Its ever since I heard cillian murphy speaking....its all just so wrong...

But ya, anyways worst county has to be, cavan for the lack of anything remotely exciting occuring there in the past 79 years. It is shaped like an ice cream, i'll give them credit for that like but....y'know, that's it really. Nothing else going for that place is there? To be fair, I'm from galway. I do have ridiculously high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

dead air wrote: »
    I'm proud to be from Fingal. No one accepts it as a real county though, and that's pretty embarrassing.
    Fingal pfffffffffffft that's even less of a county than Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I live in Sydney and you have some awful muppets that wear
    "Co Bondi, Irelands 33rd County" T-Shirts
    so muppets from all counties merge into a single county .... no better advertisment for genocide

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

rossie1977 wrote: »
    living there doesn't mean you are from there :p albert was born and raised in Rooskey county roscommon http://www.nndb.com/people/232/000111896/

Good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

im gona say offaly - i can never understand why people from offaly are so proud of it, id be totally hiding it from everone!

also, im a tipperarian[south]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Have you any county pride?

Why would anyone have county pride? I mean it's not like you had any choice in where you'd be born, i can't see why you'd be proud of random chance.

Doubly so if random chance landed you in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Clare. It's such a nothing county, not full of crime, no celebrities, not even hilariously small.

Just nothing.

/awaits wrath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Why would anyone have county pride? I mean it's not like you had any choice in where you'd be born, i can't see why you'd be proud of random chance.

Doubly so if random chance landed you in cork.

Being born in Ireland is also chance.

Would you say you are proud to be Irish?

Advertisement