Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to test consistency?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I've just changed to NTL and I'm very happy with the speed. Speed tests are showing I'm getting close to the 10MB at all times.

However, I'm having a few problems which might be caused by the connection stalling at times - for example gmail is constantly signing me out of chat.

Is there anyway I can test the speed consistency for a time period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Gmail chat seems to have issues every now and again, especially the pop-out in Gmail itself. Wouldn't pin it on your connection right away. Best to keep an eye on how things continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

start
    run
    cmd
    ping www.boards.ie -t

Check for dropped packets, or packets which may be taking long times to come back! If u give it about 20/30 mins and u havent had any dropped packets etc, its fair to say the the problem lies in gmail itself and not your connection , hope this helps

Advertisement