Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50cc - 106,000 miles!!!

• 09-07-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

I have an 04 MBK Ovetto. Bought it new and it has been relatively trouble free.

However, I was driving it today and I noticed that the clock has just reset itself. Fine I said. That can happen now and again. But then I noticed the mileage on it. It was 106,000 miles!! What the hell. It should be about 9,000.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get this back to the proper mileage? I want to sell it shortly - but somehow I don't think too many people will want to buy it with that kind of mileage on it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

maybe one of your mates borrowed it for a weekend :)

Are you sure is 106,000 miles/km's and not 10,600.0 miles/km's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

fraid so. double checked it!!!

Ha - would have been some weekend journey. Especially when you consider that the limiter is still on it - therefore 30 m/h max speed. Working it out - that means that it would have taken 3,200 hours or 133 days of non stop driving!!!

I didn't realise that those counters could be fecked up. Any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Is it a digital clock? If it is the rain/water may have got in and messed up the electrics, if that happened you're looking at a replacement clock, if it's a mechanical one then thats very unusual to happen.
    Okay, I've just looked on ebay, item number 25028468232 and it's mechanical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

It is a digital clock. If I get a new clock I presume that I can put whatever mileage I want on it. Can you do that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

AFAIK it's not allowed, although Piaggio had to replace clocks on their X9's when it was discovered the clocks were affected by water leaking in, some of the scooters sold had quite a few miles up on them when they were replaced by new clocks, I'm not sure how they managed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

I'll give ye 50 quid for it when you're sellin it... :D

Advertisement