Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving to the test centre for your test

Options
  • 09-07-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

With the rules now being enforced are learner drivers now driving to the test centre with a qualified driver or are learner drivers turning up on their own?

Has anyone done their test where they drove to the test without a qualified driver after the July 1st? Did the test instructor let you do the test, or do they even care?

I am just curious as one of the reason given for enforcing this law was to stop people who had failed their driving test getting back into their car and driving off on their own.

Anyone else notice the lack of L plates on the road these days?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tazdedub wrote: »
    With the rules now being enforced are learner drivers now driving to the test centre with a qualified driver or are learner drivers turning up on their own?

Has anyone done their test where they drove to the test without a qualified driver after the July 1st? Did the test instructor let you do the test, or do they even care?

I am just curious as one of the reason given for enforcing this law was to stop people who had failed their driving test getting back into their car and driving off on their own.

Anyone else notice the lack of L plates on the road these days?

The teters don't care how you get there or how you leave, just how you drive on the test.

If you go there alone though you do run the risk of running into a checkpoint or being pulled over.

I drove alone to my test on July 01.

Yes most people seem to have taken down their L plates, dangerous game to be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

adrian522 wrote: »
    The teters don't care how you get there or how you leave, just how you drive on the test.

Agreed, not havin a fully licenced driver accompanying you is the Law's problem not the tester. He don't much care...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

A tester friend of mine told me that last week the Guards in the north east were targetting the areas around test routes that day, to catch unaccompanied L drivers. They must have notified the test centres.

Advertisement