Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter Nights 2

Options
  • 09-07-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

*RPGers only please*

I loved the Baldur's Gate games for their setting, story and characters. The first Neverwinter Nights, though, was a big letdown - a good toolset and fancy graphics to which a weak singlepayer campaign was tacked on.

However, reviews of NWN2 have said that it keeps the advances of the first one, while bringing back some of the story depth and interesting characters found in the Baldur's Gate series. And that's just what I want, a good RPG (the only alternative at the moment is Bloodlines, which is good but bug-ridden).

Does anyone have NWN2? Is it as good as the reviews make out? And is it very demanding on the computer, as some have warned?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

stannis wrote: »
    *RPGers only please*

I loved the Baldur's Gate games for their setting, story and characters. The first Neverwinter Nights, though, was a big letdown - a good toolset and fancy graphics to which a weak singlepayer campaign was tacked on.

However, reviews of NWN2 have said that it keeps the advances of the first one, while bringing back some of the story depth and interesting characters found in the Baldur's Gate series. And that's just what I want, a good RPG (the only alternative at the moment is Bloodlines, which is good but bug-ridden).

Does anyone have NWN2? Is it as good as the reviews make out? And is it very demanding on the computer, as some have warned?

When it came out, it was very demanding. Patches have improved this, and PC's are of course better than they were then.

The story is much better, including a build up your own keep and army session later on.

There are unofficial patches from Werner Spahlman which sort the Bloodlines bugs and restore content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

NWN2 is very good and very long :D definitely give it a go
    Bloodlines i thought was excellent and would love a sequel and as spear said there is unofficial patches which sort out a lot of problems

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Thanks lads. I have two questions: do you think NWN2 would run on a PC with about 2GHz CPU? I know the recommended is like 2.5 GHz, but maybe tweaking the graphics would help. Also, with the unofficial Bloodlines patches, do you have to download separate ones or can you just get the latest one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

stannis wrote: »
    Thanks lads. I have two questions: do you think NWN2 would run on a PC with about 2GHz CPU? I know the recommended is like 2.5 GHz, but maybe tweaking the graphics would help. Also, with the unofficial Bloodlines patches, do you have to download separate ones or can you just get the latest one?

Is that 2GHz of Core 2 or 2GHz of something else, single core or otherwise? If it's 2GHz of Core 2 it should be fine. It needs a decent video card for full detail.

For Bloodlines, install the official 1.2 from Troika, after that the unofficial patch is available as a single installer. Here's the latest.

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=vtmbup52.exe&ref=ps

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

NWN 2 is decent but not much more than that IMO. Where it really shines though is the expansion pack - Mask of the Betrayer. Best RPG storyline since Planescape Torment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

NWN 2 is Mediocre, and there isn't much around to play other than it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

which is better this or the 1st one?

Advertisement