Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfortunate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

This has made the rounds here already. Unfortunately the picture don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

That comparison was up here not so long ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

I think this has been done to death at this stage. It's been going around as an email for weeks now and it's good for a laugh and I got a chuckle from it.

But there is a more serious side to it and its pretty unfair on the people in the photo. I've been stage end organiser for 2 FBD RAS stages over the past few years. For the people arranging the stage there's months of preplanning, meeting with guards, council, trying to arrange sponsorship, getting hotels, B&Bs, marshalls and 100 other things.

On both occasions we had the obligitory podium girl presenting some of the the prizes but we also had sponsors, councillors and local dignatories on the podium presenting the various jerseys and people who had helped make the day possible.

I'm not trying to spoil a bit of fun but its a bit unfair to compare the FBD RAS with the Tour or the Giro. Its ok to joke about people who get paid to appear on the stage but its a bit unfair to have a laugh at people when we don't really know what capacity they were on the podium for.

(anyway for what it's worth according to Ciaran Power the best podium girls are at the Tour Down Under in Australia!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hilarious..

Poor girls, thank god they weren't wearing lyrca!.

Advertisement