Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 5 Le Tour - Spolier Alert

Options
  • 09-07-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

SPOILER ALERT
    Very impressive by Cav....to sustain that speed over such a long sprint is a mighty feat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

AAAARGH! put that in spoiler tags for the love of god!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Needs an asterix -some people don't want spoilers posted!!!

In other news, just realised I transferred Schumacher the day before his win -what an idiot I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

niceonetom wrote: »
    AAAARGH! put that in spoiler tags for the love of god!!

Agreed .. I was looking forward to that Late TG4 repeat ...

Now we all know who won it thanks very much ... not fair!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

DOH!!! Sorry guys....free arse kicking....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Oi! I have a 24" monitor at work so for me you didn't include enough of those "..."! Learn to use the spoiler tag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I managed to spoil it for myself by an RTE RSS feed which I have in my bookmarks. They had the winner in the title. I've have deleted all of the feeds, cos I don't want a repeat. Same for a BikeRadar one.

Raam wrote: »
    I managed to spoil it for myself by an RTE RSS feed which I have in my bookmarks. They had the winner in the title. I've have deleted all of the feeds, cos I don't want a repeat. Same for a BikeRadar one.

It's a dangerous thing not wanting to find out the winner... it seems to be everywhere!

It's a dangerous thing not wanting to find out the winner... it seems to be everywhere!

It sure is.
    RTE news blurted the winner straight out on the stage before the TT. Instead of saying "...and in Tour De France news...", they just straight up announce that "...XYZ has won today...". At least the first way gives me a chance to shout "LALALALALALA".

It sure is.
    RTE news blurted the winner straight out on the stage before the TT. Instead of saying "...and in Tour De France news...", they just straight up announce that "...XYZ has won today...". At least the first way gives me a chance to shout "LALALALALALA".

They should show it silently like on bbc :)

They should show it silently like on bbc :)

That one has gone over my head :o

• Advertisement

That one has gone over my head :o

right before Match of The Day (the football programe) is the news, and when it comes to the scores they always say "and if you don't want to see the results of todays games, please look away now" and put the results on screen, but don't read them out :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Now that's thoughtful.

right before Match of The Day (the football programe) is the news, and when it comes to the scores they always say "and if you don't want to see the results of todays games, please look away now" and put the results on screen, but don't read them out :)

Ah I understand. Unfortunately it was the radio that I was listening to at the time.

el tonto wrote: »
    Now that's thoughtful.

That's what a proper boradcaster would do

Raam, unfortunately it's hard to give the results silently on the radio!

Advertisement