Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAINTING WOODEN STOCK

Options
  • 09-07-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Lad's, anyone any experience with painting a wooden stock. Was thinking of painting the stock on my .22 cz varmint, just to spruce it up a bit :eek::eek::eek:. The brother is a panel beater and sprays cars and recons 2pak pain will do the trick, any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

dont know if this would be any use to you but.......

you can get camo spray paint called 'KRYLON' is a flat matt paint and drys very hard and wont chip off to easy. it comes in black, green, brown or khaki.

also dries in about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Lad's, anyone any experience with painting a wooden stock. Was thinking of painting the stock on my .22 cz varmint, just to spruce it up a bit :eek::eek::eek:. The brother is a panel beater and sprays cars and recons 2pak pain will do the trick, any opinions??

there is a guy in england that does dura coat paint finishes hardest wearing and the best will do stocks and barrels google duracoat uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thanks lads , but thinking electric blue with a pearl fleck to match the bike :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks lads , but thinking electric blue with a pearl fleck to match the bike :o

as long as you put on about 15 coats of lacquer for that really deep finish.

My brother sprays too and I was thinking of getting him to do the same to the tikka just for the laugh.

I'll let you be a test subject first though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

If he uses a PU paint , you can buff up the finish with 3m polishing pastes and waxes , good luck with the project.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

I think i would go down the road of these guys....

http://www.hydro-graphics.co.uk/

Vegeta wrote: »
    as long as you put on about 15 coats of lacquer for that really deep finish.

My brother sprays too and I was thinking of getting him to do the same to the tikka just for the laugh.

I'll let you be a test subject first though :P

Cheers man :D!! appreciate it , will keep ye posted . By the way anyone know where to find a second hand cz stock at the right money:rolleyes:

try this link http://www.mikericklefs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

dont know if this would be any use to you but.......

you can get camo spray paint called 'KRYLON' is a flat matt paint and drys very hard and wont chip off to easy. it comes in black, green, brown or khaki.

also dries in about 15 minutes.

ah right good luck with in any way and dont forget to put the picks up if you do go a head with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi FS I wouldnt go down the road of 2pac paints. Very hard alright but because of this they might crack on wood. You want a rubberised paint. Comes in 2pac but alot more forgiving and flexable. You will have to use an airless sprayer (not a cupgun) because it will come out of the gun like cobwebs NOT GOOD FOR YOUR GUNS LOOK;)

chem wrote: »
    Hi FS I wouldnt go down the road of 2pac paints. Very hard alright but because of this they might crack on wood. You want a rubberised paint. Comes in 2pac but alot more forgiving and flexable. You will have to use an airless sprayer (not a cupgun) because it will come out of the gun like cobwebs NOT GOOD FOR YOUR GUNS LOOK;)

cobweb finish that could be interesting , COOOOL DUDE;). cheers chem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement