Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pancing After leaving Everything To Last Minute, Help Please!!

Options
  • 09-07-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Ok im doing my test on the 25th of July , I have my first lesson on Monday(14th). I have been driving for almost a year and have picked up some bad habits so the lessons will be interesting. But i havnt touched on Theory. I have a few Questions

1. Whats the best way of learning Theory(CD or Book or Other)
    2. Is there a Particular section to focus on.
    3. Honestly have i left it awful late compared to other people?
    4. Is it True that one can have 2 bookings incase they fail the first one?

Cheers and sorry for the Longest Thread Title In History:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You have plenty of time to learn the theory. Personally I prefer reading the book. I don't like reading long things on the computer.

You'll have to read it all, learn off all your road signs and ask people to test you on them.

Forget two bookings, go do your test and see how you get on.

Good luck and happy reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You have not left anything late. You have plenty of time to go over the theory, you'll know most of it seeing you've been driving a year.
    As for the 2 test bookings, you can apply as many times as you like, if you have the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Cheers For the replys... Is it only the road signs i need to know?? Yeah I find it hard looking over some stuff on the laptop.

The women on the phone from RSA said i cant have 2 bookings at one time??Are you sure ya can?

Where can i get the newest book? How much is it?

Oh yeah my main questions is that , i have my first provisional licence which is expired 2 days before the test. How will i get one quick enough to have it for the test??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cheers For the replys... Is it only the road signs i need to know?? Yeah I find it hard looking over some stuff on the laptop.

The women on the phone from RSA said i cant have 2 bookings at one time??Are you sure ya can?

Where can i get the newest book? How much is it?

Oh yeah my main questions is that , i have my first provisional licence which is expired 2 days before the test. How will i get one quick enough to have it for the test??

I have had numerous people saying on here that they have had numerous test dates on the go at one time, i believe they were different test centres though. Apply for your license now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thischarmingman

Honestly - you havent left it too late (by a long way). Don't bother with any of the 'how to pass your driving test' books either. I bought a couple and found them no help for the test.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Honestly - you havent left it too late (by a long way). Don't bother with any of the 'how to pass your driving test' books either. I bought a couple and found them no help for the test.

Good luck!

Thats Good But What Book Would you say to use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thischarmingman

I used the rules of the road book from the rsa website

http://www.rsa.ie/PUBLICATIONS/upload/File/ROTR_2007.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

My driving instructor gave me a list of about twenty questions. I learnt them off by heart the day before the test and that was fine. Mostly they're things like whats a junction box, what the different lights/road markings mean etc, nothing mad.

Do a search on this forum and you'll find threads on it.

Cheers Guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

My sister gave me this sheet of paper with 31 questions on it. I learned them all off by heart and the tester asked me two of them phrased the exact same and completely word for word from what was on the sheet. :D

I wasn't asked to demonstrate any hand signals at all, he only asked me three road signs and two theory questions. Thought it would have been more in depth than that. I'd advise you to learn about what goes on under the bonnet, because I hadn't a CLUE until I checked it out on the morning of the test. It's easy to learn and all, but I just wouldn't go to the test centre having not looked underneath to see where everything is, etc.

Advertisement