Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Debs Dresses

Options
  • 09-07-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok so i've made the classic mistake of completely forgetting about buying a dress for boyfriend's debs at the end of August.

I started looking around for dresses in Monsoon, etc. but they all seem to be very long. I'm short-ish (5ft3") so i wanted to get a around knee high dress... but is there a dress code for debs? I asked my boyfriend and he said he thought the dresses HAD to be long, is this true?

I had a look on the internet and found this FAB prom dress on Dorothy Perkins. I'm so close to clicking the "buy" button, but my head keeps telling me "its too short!" its not really, just below the knee, i'd say.

Any advice would be great :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Lots of people wear short, prom style dresses. I think you'd be grand! Could you get in touch with other girls who are going, or some who went last year and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 littleaoifs

Yeah i'll do that, probably would be a better idea than asking the 'aul bf haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

That'd be a bit silly if you had to wear long dresses. I personally don't see the point in long dresses at a debs, it's just gonna get stood on and collect loads of mank from the floor on the hem.

Anyway.. my dress was just below knee length. At the time I got it in Coast because we'd only just gotten it over here really. I'd say go for a the Dorothy Perkins dress... give us the link so we can have a look!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Go for it!
    I wore a just below knee length debs dress few years back now but was worth it, dress is still perfect, no messy ends and was far easier to dance etc in, plus everyone complimented it.

Got mine in Coast, think they may even have a sale on in there atm, check it out, they have lovely stuff.

GL and enjoy the Debs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Really wont matter the length, you wont be wearing it for long anyway -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

A good place to try would be Pamela Scott, they've gorgeous dresses you could be lucky. Another place would be TK Maxx, you'd have to search but i've gotten lovely dresses there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lively-Blonde

I think the lenght of debs dresses depends solely on the length that you feel most comfortable in wearing. For instances some people might feel swamped by a floor length dress especially if you're short-ish. As for the dress on Dorothy Perkins dress, go into your nearest store and try it on and if you still love it, it's meant to be. But if not, there are dozens of knee length dresses out there and again i'd recommend Pamela Scotts or even Warehouse.

Advertisement