Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tip: Applying to multiple driving centres

Options
  • 09-07-2008 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, a friend of mine applied to 3 different driving test centres at the same time.
    He passed in the first one he got a test with. But it seems he would have been able to fail the first and sit the test a week later in the other centre and then fail again and sit in the 3rd centre.

This seem like an excellent(if a bit expensive) way of passing you test.
    If you sit many tests in quick succession like this you are bound to pass one.

Does anyone see a flaw with this approach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's no flaw except the money aspect of things. There's nothing wrong with applying numerous times to different test centres at the same time. Now i'm not sure whether you can apply numerous times to the same centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

another flaw would be increasing the waiting lists. Fair enough you may cancel any subsequent test after you pass, but I know many would not cancel them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This post has been deleted.

Yes and with the new laws being enforced many do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

As long as he cancells the other tests ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

jhegarty wrote: »
    As long as he cancells the other tests ...

+1 thats the big draw back [other then money] if you get called for all three tests within a week of each other even if you cancel two of them it doesn't leave time for them to give the time slots to someone else [as I'm pretty sure they need at least 10 days notice to do that]

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have applied to the same test centre 4 times, so if i fail, i have a few tests on the go, mind you i am awaiting 6 weeks at the moment and still no word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jodyanne

I applied to Finglas and Raheny and was assigned SGS for both. That meant I could pick any SGS centre I wanted so I now have them both in SGS Finglas, 3 weeks apart. Enough time to cancel and give the slot to someone else if I pass the first one (but also near enough to each other so that failing the first one wouldn't be as devastating as it felt last time!)

Advertisement