Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Delays

Options
  • 09-07-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Apparently radar failure or something. My man is about an hour away in Stansted (day trip) and can't get back till Friday due to back up of flights :eek: Best the have managed is a crack of dawn flight to Belfast and have to get a bus or train down in the morning!!

And got a phone, iPod and notebook with him, nothing else! Oh well, just me and the bottle of wine tonight:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

ozchick wrote: »
    Apparently radar failure or something. My man is about an hour away in Stansted (day trip) and can't get back till Friday due to back up of flights :eek: Best the have managed is a crack of dawn flight to Belfast and have to get a bus or train down in the morning!!

And got a phone, iPod and notebook with him, nothing else! Oh well, just me and the bottle of wine tonight:p

Yup, there's another thread on it here. No doubt there will be one here soon if not already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

It's not closed, there are still flights operating.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/571-01.html

Most issues are with departures, arrivals are either diverted or delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

im praying this is sorted for friday morning. Have to fly to london for a connecting flight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

I hope it is for your sake too! Delays tend to push everything back. Initially heard it was closed from a guy trying to get here from Amsterdam. And he is a pilot - he must be very annoyed! News saying 50 percent of flights operating, such a busy time of the year only makes it all worse I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had to spend the night in Heathrow on Monday due to the weather having a bunch of flights canceled... all the bars closed in the airport at 11... how rubbish is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

LOL!
    My poor man has to spend the night in the airport hotel with his business partner..(male!!:D) and no change of clothes - had the same problem flying back from Australia in November, no change of clothes as his case missed his last minute change of plane out of Hong Kong. I always tell him to pack a change in his hand luggage. He won't be hanging around bars with a 6.30am departure tom! But I have a whole bottle of wine to myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh.. I found a nearby Park Inn hotel which had a bar which opened fairly late and was only one bus stop away from Heathrow so I was able to make it back for my 6.20 AM flight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thread title changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

friend was telling me something earlier.... hope this doesn't interfere with Creamfields CZ Fri :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Was due to fly out of Luton airport at 16:20 yesterday. Ended up flying to Belfast on the 21:25 flight, thanks to my intrepid girlfriend booking a ticket on-line. A lot of people stuck in the airport last night.

At Belfast, the place was full of planes that had been diverted from Stanstead, with lots of people going down to Dublin. Handy enough to get down; bus outside airport to city centre (last stop) at £6, coach to Dublin Airport / Busarus £12. I got back to my laba about 3am. Plenty of others going to Cork / Shannon / Waterford & Galway in addition to Belfast.

ozchick, I'd suggest your BF travel to Befast and coach it down today rather than wait to Friday. Quicker and more likely to work. EasyJet have this flight from Luton, which is handy enough from Stanstead. RyanAir are IMO effing useless when it comes to giving advise as to how to get back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 avensis

Everyone is moaning about delays and flight cancellations and the inconvenience of it all. The same people have probably already taken several flights through Dublin this year. Why don't people just stop and think for once, about the negative impacts that their flights will and are beginning to have on millions globally in third world countries due to climate change. People need a reality check.Aviation emissions are increasing at alarming rates while every other industry tries to curb their greenhouse gas output. It's simply not sustainable.Learn to holiday at home, take fewer trips abroad and use alternative modes of transport.

Do your part, I did by taking a pledge, visit

www.lowflyzone.org :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

smacl wrote: »
    Was due to fly out of Luton airport at 16:20 yesterday. Ended up flying to Belfast on the 21:25 flight, thanks to my intrepid girlfriend booking a ticket on-line. A lot of people stuck in the airport last night.

At Belfast, the place was full of planes that had been diverted from Stanstead, with lots of people going down to Dublin. Handy enough to get down; bus outside airport to city centre (last stop) at £6, coach to Dublin Airport / Busarus £12. I got back to my laba about 3am. Plenty of others going to Cork / Shannon / Waterford & Galway in addition to Belfast.

ozchick, I'd suggest your BF travel to Befast and coach it down today rather than wait to Friday. Quicker and more likely to work. EasyJet have this flight from Luton, which is handy enough from Stanstead. RyanAir are IMO effing useless when it comes to giving advise as to how to get back.
    My Aunty and Uncle were on the half 9 flight leaving Luton which actually did leave but they also had booked 2 seats on your flight at the airport incase Ryanair didn't leave.They also said there were a few empty seats on the plane so maybe you should have asked to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Can a mod move this, Dublin Airport is in North County Dublin ;)

Advertisement