Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids flashed at

Options
  • 09-07-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on this.
    I was driving along a main north dublin street with my 4 year old & his cousin of the same age. We came to a stop at the traffic lights(this is at 4pm today)when out of the corner of my eye I noticed that the car that was pulled up right next to us had a female of about thirty with her a*se out the window, no pants on spreading herself so basically was showing EVERYTHING. Considering she was a backseat passenger she was in the direct vision of the kids. I was horrified & rolled down my window & shouted at them that there were kids in my car & could see everything. The two males in the front had their windows rolled down so definately heard me but ignored what I was saying & were laughing away. I had to tell the kids look straight ahead to to distract them.I mean im in nooooo way a prude but i was horrified cause she was in effect flashing her f*anny at two 4 year olds.SICK!I went to the garda station on my way home I was so disgusted & gave the reg of the car etc....Any one think anything will be done??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

i'm sure they'll follow up on that. She'll probably get a tongue lashing. No pun intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Somehow I didnt think the guard was taking it too seriously judging by his smirk, in all fairness If I had've been travelling alone I prob would have found it funny. But It peed me off cause I had kids in the car & I thought it was a bit perverted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

What a dirty specimen of the female species..... Yucky a f*nny at four eeeeeewwwwwwwww:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well yes I would have reported them and I woudl suggest you follow up with the garda about it.
    Sould I be shocked and appalled at my children seeing someone's exposed gentials ?
    Nope, I know my kids and they would think that the people in the other care were being idiots and rude more then anything else.

I dont think the kids noticed thank god, I was just disgusted that it was a woman that was old enough to know better that was doing it & directly at children. Was just sick after it, wasnt as if she had a nice bum to flash!!The gusrd said that they'd give me a call, but that basically chances were that nothing would come of it, I asked him could the owner of the vehicle not be fined for not controlling his passengers & he kinda shrugged it off. God having flashbacks now, ugly bum...ewwww

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Northsiders...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm thinking shouting at them is not the best way to distract the kids. Other than that all you can do is report it. Did you get the licence plate number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

You should have taken t a photo of the car as proof for the guards

any chance of a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Maybe I'm in the wrong but I would have laughed it off (and probably taken a picture!). There's nothing wrong with nudity in my opinion.

However, having thought about it, it would probably be a different story if it was some old geezer flashing my kids alone in a park or whatever, but the scenario presented by the OP is nothing but a bit of harmless fun, in my view.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

This isn't nudity, it's exposure. It's not big, funny or clever and it shouldn't be treated so trivially.

If it had happened to me they would have got a very short sharp shock. Children should not be exposed to this. Make sure the Garda pursue it, if they don't threaten to go to their superiors and/or the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

IMO mooning is harmless fun at 4 AM ......... but 4 PM at 4 eyar old kids is total wrong.
    Don't think anything will happen to them though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, personally I think it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

What time was this? I mean if it was night time, I'd expect that sort of arseing around, probably from drunks. But, the bare faced cheek of them if it was like the crack of dawn or whatever!
    The Gardai probably don't have the resources to get to the bottom of this, even though indecent exposure would certainly land them in the crapper. If it was me, I would have reared my car up a gear and sped away until they were well behind me.

Something like this happened Ita Hiney, a friend of mine and she was stripped of her licence. She had to bum lifts everywhere for 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

well, personally I think it's hilarious.

And you have kids? If you do, how would you feel about a man flashing your children at 4pm? Similarly hillarious?
    This isn't nudity, it's exposure. It's not big, funny or clever and it shouldn't be treated so trivially.

Couldn't agree more.
    If it had happened to me they would have got a very short sharp shock.

+1
    Maddison wrote: »
    The gusrd said that they'd give me a call, but that basically chances were that nothing would come of it

This I just CANNOT understand. You have the reg of the car in question. There is NO REASON that nothing should come of it. Definitely call them to follow it up. Dirty dirty bitch.

This forums charter was updated recently I suggest that
    Princess Innocent Knickers, Maximilian and pvt.joker read it and abide it.

Thanks Thaeydael, It was disgraceful behaviour from a woman towards children, I couldnt speed off as I was at red lights so there really was nothing I could do apart from asking could she put it away, not to mention it wasnt just mooning as she deliberately spread *coughs* herself, put it this way I saw a piercing that only her lovers should see. I gave the guards the make, colour & reg of the vehicle but Im really not holding my breath. If I could have I would have followed them to wherever the were going & ate them alive but I had the kids with me. Im all for having fun & larking about but at the end of the day there is a time & a place. Of course my son will encounter nudity....... its natural, but what was exposed was more than a bare bum.

I gave the guards the make, colour & reg of the vehicle but Im really not holding my breath.

Please, for me and other parents whose kids may be exposed to this scumbag (excuse the pun), follow this up with the gardai. There is no reason that they should not be able to find and prosecute this person. Especially if you can give detail like she has a piercing.

Im going to call the station later & see were they able to follow up, will keep you posted on what they say. But keep the comments coming, I thought that I was over reacting but judging by some feedback Im not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

Definitely not overeacting Maddison, I think its totally disgusting behaviour. Fair play to you for reporting it. I'm not a prude by any means and if I saw that on a night out I would probably laugh it off but a very different story during the day in front of children.

Sulukie

If you have the time I sould suggest that you go back with a camera and have a look at the junction and see if there CCTV cams on the ligths or any where near by and take a pic of the placement of the camera and a note of where they are and bring the info and the pics back to the garda station and ask to talk to the desk sarge.
    Make sure you have the date and time of when it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The gusrd said that they'd give me a call, but that basically chances were that nothing would come of it, I asked him could the owner of the vehicle not be fined for not controlling his passengers & he kinda shrugged it off.

Passenger: Fine + points for not wearing a seat belt. ???? for indecency
    Driver: Driving with an unsecured load.

Sulukie wrote: »
    if I saw that on a night out I would probably laugh it off but a very different story during the day in front of children.

Bingo. Would almost certainly break my bollix laughing if it happened on a night out. In front of my children....you'd better run, foo.

82329_Mr_T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

what on odd lady..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

You are not overreacting, I truly hope they ( the Gards ) do something , but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Thats disgraceful. I'm be furious if it happened to my kids. You should keep on at the gardai until they do decided to do something about it. These people should at least get a warning for exposing in front of kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Mena wrote: »
    Maybe I'm in the wrong but I would have laughed it off (and probably taken a picture!). There's nothing wrong with nudity in my opinion.

However, having thought about it, it would probably be a different story if it was some old geezer flashing my kids alone in a park or whatever, but the scenario presented by the OP is nothing but a bit of harmless fun, in my view.

And if it was an old geezer flashing his bits at your kids while you're stopped at traffic lights what would you think?

Nudity is all very well but spreading her bits against the window for all to see in broad daylight is indecency IMO. Ewwww...

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Thaedydal wrote: »
    This forums charter was updated recently I suggest that
    Princess Innocent Knickers, Maximilian and pvt.joker read it and abide it.

In fairness, I think this was still in AH when those comments were made.

There is no listing in the mod log of this being moved from AH.

Really? It's possible I was sniffing glue again.

Now to figure out why the hell I might have been browsing through the Parenting forum...

In any event, my apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

I cannot help thinking had you said it was a man in a raincoat that flashed at two 4 year olds the pitchforks and nooses would be out as the 'peadophile' screaming mob went for a lynching.

Advertisement