Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G modems

Options
  • 09-07-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Does anyone know the story with the new Vodafone modems in the UK (7.2mb ones) and when are we likely to see them here? I want to get their 3G broadband but i don't want to be stuck with the old modem after a few weeks.

Has anyone got in writing from vodafone that they will upgrade the modem for free once the new one comes on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why would you want a Vodafone modem both 02 & 3 are €10 less per month, give you twice the download limit and both of them should be hitting 7.2mb very shortly...

As mother mary says "Shop Around"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

admol wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with the new Vodafone modems in the UK (7.2mb ones) and when are we likely to see them here? I want to get their 3G broadband but i don't want to be stuck with the old modem after a few weeks.

Has anyone got in writing from vodafone that they will upgrade the modem for free once the new one comes on the market?

Why not ask vodafone if they intend making a new modem available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Why would you want a Vodafone modem both 02 & 3 are €10 less per month, give you twice the download limit and both of them should be hitting 7.2mb very shortly...

As mother mary says "Shop Around"

I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole and O2 don't have coverage in the area so shopping around isn't an option i'm afraid.

I rang vodafone and I was told it wouldn't be a problem but i'm not convinced. The lad didn't seem to know much about it.

Edit: JUst saw O2's new prices its just a pity its not available in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where you living, if you've Vodafone coverage you might have 3 coverage.....I wouldn't dismiss them just like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

admol wrote: »

When the old modem is updated does it not do the 7.2 MB thingey?

• Advertisement
Advertisement