Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Welcome to Ireland.

(I'm aware that other countries are like this too, but i don't live in them :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Weed...ffs 100 notes for a 6 gram bag of average quality green? It's simply laughable. What's even more laughable is the amount of people buying it, their money going straight out of circulation and into the black economy with neither tax nor any other benefit going to the State...and if sellers get caught, their trial lawyer and jail cell are paid for from tax take.

Apart from that? Yeah just about everything really...
    Luckily enough it's still cheap enough to get the f*ck out of here every once in a while...one of these days it'll be on a more permanent basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

yeah definately water!! €1.40 for 500 mls like for **** sake!!!

Pints....

Clothes (except penneys)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Beer is cheap. Oh, in Ireland. Ya, that sucks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Safety razor blades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

New CDs and DVDs - €25 ? They'll be €10 in 2 months. Balls to that, well done for driving us to torrents you greedy f*ckers.

Was gonna say weed too. 3.5gs that so often fails to be that. When I was in Amsterdam, a 2g bag of white widow for €14 looked awfully similar in size to the 50 bags of sprayed sh*t we get here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Having to pay into clubs so you can spend your money inside on a huge scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Schoolbooks, surely the guarantee that they'll be bought means they can be mass produced and made cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Take-away Pizza.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jonnys n lewb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

kitty litter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Wertz wrote: »
    Weed...ffs 100 notes for a 6 gram bag of average quality green?

50 bag is 3.5 grammes down my way, shop around!

Kold wrote: »
    When I was in Amsterdam, a 2g bag of white widow for €14 looked awfully similar in size to the 50 bags of sprayed sh*t we get here...

Seriously.

50 bag is 3.5 grammes down my way, shop around!

lol, who are you, Mary Coughlan? Believe me man, I do...when you can even get a stitch up my way, 6g is a ton, take it or leave it...and most of the guys selling it won't even bother themselves with 50 bags...if you do come across one it's not going to be over 3g and is likely to be only 2.5 or less.

Other stuff?
    Houses, although prices are falling they're still way overvalued (and that's coming from someone who sees how new ones are built and knows rough costs)
    Cars, even though again they've fallen because of new VRT system, they're still horribly expensive in comparison to other countries.
    Doctors...not been to one in years, but hear mates and relatives all the time saying about handing over 50 quid for a 5 minute chat/check over and then paying the same for a 'scrip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

beer in fact all alcohol is stupidly expensive, you can buy 24 bottles of miller in dunnes for €19 or one bottle in a pub in temple bar for about €6, your choice :p

petrol is another it costs $0.05 a litre in Venezuela but here it cost $2.20 a litre, sure they have loads of the stuff there but we have loads of cows and sheep here and sirloin ain't 5 f**king cent a pound :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Water is ridiculous alright. I get a 19 Litre drum of it here for 1.75, you'd be lucky to get 1.5 Litres at home for that ...

Condoms are very pricey at home as well. You'd think that there might be some incentive on them with the increase in unplanned pregnancies ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CarlaHeidi

i know yea

WindSock wrote: »
    Take-away Pizza.

QFT. Cost to make a 16 inch pizza? Probably about €2.50. Cost to buy? Twenty notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

water is not too bad, you can get 2 litres of tesco or dunnes value water for 30 cents

rossie1977 wrote: »
    water is not too bad, you can get 2 litres of tesco or dunnes value water for 30 cents

Why would you need to? Get a Brita water filter and you've got a free supply! I object to having to pay through the nose for it when I'm out.

• Advertisement

...and sometimes it falls from the sky for free!

yeah +1 on the pizzas thing...not that I bother with the overpriced junk....buy the frozen ones and make do...I don't care if they don't taste the same...they cost a fraction of the price and it all ends up in the ame place anyhow.

As regards petrol? Yeah, but apparently we're one of the cheaper countries in the EU for petrol...be glad you don't live in the UK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Some clothes are way way too dear. shoes too. I mean I love my Choos as much as the next girl but I draw the limit at 500 euro any more is extortion

I bought a goldfish there just for the free water.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

500 euro??!
    For Shoes?
    Do they have WiFi Capabilities?

Anyone who spends 500 quid on a pair of shoes can afford to ripped off IMO.

Plus I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but 99% of men don't notice/care and even if they did wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and a pair from Penneys...
    But wait, you're buying them for you, not anyone else, so it's all good...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Some clothes are way way too dear. shoes too. I mean I love my Choos as much as the next girl but I draw the limit at 500 euro any more is extortion

if youre willing to pay 500 for a pair of shoes you probably deserve to be ripped off.

:rolleyes: See if you can buy them in singles.

500 euro??!
    For Shoes?
    Do they have WiFi Capabilities?

don't be silly. Of course not, they are just impeccably made and very sexy, some pairs are over 800 euro but like i said thats just like WAY too much. i mean I have a bit of money but its just too much to pay thats like almost two days work.

Wertz wrote: »
    Anyone who spends 500 quid on a pair of shoes can afford to ripped off IMO.

Plus I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but 99% of men don't notice/care and even if they did wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and a pair from Penneys...
    But wait, you're buying them for you, not anyone else, so it's all good...

okay whats with the hostility? ridiculous. a blind idiot could tell the difference between blahniks and penneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

You poor thing :rolleyes:

Advertisement