Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

LouOB wrote: »
    who's talking about Laura Ashley
    hmmm
    hmmmm

Nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Amateur, in my first google search I think I found her.

Care to give us a laugh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I read a few pages of this thread before i got sick of listening to laura applebys pretentious replies. Basically no-one in their right mind would pay that much for shoes. I'm a girl and i wouldnt. Nothing wrong with normal priced shoes so just get the hell over it.. There are a lot more important things in this country that are more expensive and still rising and i gather that this is what this thread was meant to be about

akamossy wrote: »
    im going to just one day of this wkends music festival and it cost me 100euro for a ticket, well 200 because i bought two. Ridiculous really

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Care to give us a laugh? :D

It would be wrong of me to give a link, but I figured that can't be too many girls listed on a google search who are an "Image consultant" called Laura in Dublin who might have a myspace page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hmmm, if I were her and in her profession, I'd probably have to have an unhealthy interest in make up too.
    The Frames and Kate Nash....... I knew it!:D
    In fairness though, might not be her, she was quite adamant that she was a BA graduate, unless they do Professional Fashion, Media and Special Effects Make Up Artistry as part of an Orts degree in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Erm, mods should lock this trainwreck. Anyone else willing to be baited should go hang around the cancer tree for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

This has made my morning so much better :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Getting back on track (and away from feeding the troll) DVDs at full price when they first come out is basically wallet rapage.

And they wonder then why everyone downloads films.

Kold wrote: »
    Erm, mods should lock this trainwreck. Anyone else willing to be baited should go hang around the cancer tree for a bit.

Its gone way off topic, but still its entertaining.:D

The ECB has gone up again last week just on topic. To add to the last eight.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Bottled water. It's water. Like the stuff that comes out of your tap. The real joke is when you have to get it in restaurants or gigs though. Get raped of €2 in order to not get dehydrated. Nice.

Its nearly €4 on the train.

I spent about €60 on a night out last night. Twas shit and I didn't even get particularly drunk. Went back to one of the lads' place for a smoke and he'd lost the bag. €10 on a cab home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

The most entertaining thread i've read in a long time. Depeche, well done on the google search!

Back on the topic, I've just saved myself €1500 in dental treatment by going up north to get it done. Enough for a couple of Shoos if Laura can help me find adequate ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

+1 Depeche.

Pity it wasn't her in the bat news report.

turgon wrote: »
    Its nearly €4 on the train.
    Train prices are ridiculous. The trolley lads basically charge you as they please. What really took the biscuit(though you'd prob get overcharged for that too and have to put it back) was seeing a cafe in Dublin Airport trying to sell rolls for 7.50 when I was flying out of there the other week.

It would be wrong of me to give a link, but I figured that can't be too many girls listed on a google search who are an "Image consultant" called Laura in Dublin who might have a myspace page.

Omg... So she's actually a real person...

Faith in humanity -1 :(

Omg... So she's actually a real person...

Faith in humanity -1 :(
    Mods please move to Thunderdome asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Getting back on track (and away from feeding the troll) DVDs at full price when they first come out is basically wallet rapage.

For sure. Buy from the states/canada if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

chocolate. c'mon when the euro came in it was 60 cents for a bar (some places were even 55 and 50). now it's ****ing 95 cents for a bar of chocolate, and it was only 75 cents last year!!!

All spars in town should be blown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i was really hoping laura wasnt real, but now that she is, i have to say she represents everything that is wrong with modern irish women.

god help the man that has to put up with her, he's either a saint or a moron.

nice rack though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Is this the real her?

http://www.myspace.com/freelancemakeupartistirel

Shame no pictures of the famous shoes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Pffft! Jimmy Choo's are for n00bs tbh. It's all about the Johnny Blessyou's! :D LOLZ, see what I did thar?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I have those and you know what they were worth every penny. I always get my way in those boots.

I'm sorry but that has left me with a mental image of some spoilt little girl hopping up and down in a rage because daddy wouldn't buy her a beemer...

I'm saddened that this isn't a troll up...I honestly didn't think people like this existed. Someone stop the planet...I want to get off...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Well basically, everything in this country, but inflation and cost of living aside, what is complete b*llocks?

I'll start with some obvious ones:

Bottled water. It's water. Like the stuff that comes out of your tap. The real joke is when you have to get it in restaurants or gigs though. Get raped of €2 in order to not get dehydrated. Nice.

Beer and fags. It should not cost over a days wages to have a good night out. F*ck you government. F*ck you.

Clubs. What the hell? You haven't even got toilet seats!

All the stuff you mentioned can be easily avoided, its people like you who drive prices up, give yourself a clap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Namesco wrote: »
    Is this the real her?

http://www.myspace.com/freelancemakeupartistirel

Shame no pictures of the famous shoes:(

Hello again my borderline psychotic stalker friends. This is not me and I find it really unnerving that you are all obsessed with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

mmmhmmm and heres me with my new €500 graphics card,
    worth it? Yes
    Do i walk through the rain and mud with it? No

Just read this today, who the f*ck spends €500 on "artistic" shoes that look ugly
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd prefer a 500 euro pair of shoes than a 500 euro graphics ard tbh, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Thats it I'm going out to buy a pair of shoes for 800 quid. Really p1ss everyone off. I need the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Hello again my borderline psychotic stalker friends. This is not me and I find it really unnerving that you are all obsessed with me.

Ah, so she is a different 22 year old freelance image consultant from Dublin called Laura, thats some coincidence. Have you ever come across her in your business dealings, you might have even more in common with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Mmmm not really einstein. Plus that other Laura was a make up artist I'm an image consultant.

Advertisement