Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

All the stuff you mentioned can be easily avoided, its people like you who drive prices up, give yourself a clap

I'm not saying it can't however if I'm at a gig is it too much to ask for some tap water? I don't drive any price up, it's the greedy pr'cks providing the service.

Do you sit at home refusing to spend money on anything but food and board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Could you seriously wear those shoes outside knowing they cost so much??would ya not be terrified someone would stand on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Mmmm not really einstein. Plus that other Laura was a make up artist I'm an image consultant.

That Laura says she is a "Fashion and Image Consultant also Majoring in Make Up Artistry and Hairdressing"

I think you should send her contact her, maybe you could even go into business together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

That Laura says she is a "Fashion and Image Consultant also Majoring in Make Up Artistry and Hairdressing"

I think you should send her contact her, maybe you could even go into business together?

I work purely on my own in business its the best way to be. Sure you like have to take the knocks but when the good times come it makes it all worth while. if you believe in yourself you don't need anybody else. Positive thoughts X

Redpunto wrote: »
    Could you seriously wear those shoes outside knowing they cost so much??would ya not be terrified someone would stand on them :D

If some moron stood on my Choo I would go totally Ballistic. But i try look after them really really well. Once in Bondi when I was younger (i'm over bondi now along with the rest of the world) I broke the heel off one and I was so depressed for like a full week. So now I am so careful with them. They're like my little babies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If some moron stood on my Choo I would go totally Ballistic. But i try look after them really really well. Once in Bondi when I was younger (i'm over bondi now along with the rest of the world) I broke the heel off one and I was so depressed for like a full week. So now I am so careful with them. They're like my little babies.

See those people outside your window with the white coats?? Well they are there to help you!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rossie1977 wrote: »
    no man can tell the difference between a 500 pair of shoes and penneys, no straight man anyway..

I'm gay, and I can't.

So: No man who isn't a screaming queen can tell the difference between a €500 pair of shoes and Penneys. And those that can don't deserve to be men...

Hey guys I know some of you think 500 is a lot for shoes but seriously look at these:

http://www.quazen.com/Shopping/Clothing/The-Worlds-Most-Expensive-Shoes.46114

See its really not so much relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

And pretty much any car is cheap compared to a Bugatti Veyron, doens't make them in any way acceptably priced.

And those shoes look like something a skanger girl wears for her communion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Ironically, Laura Appleby's profile says, and I quote.

"I heart Karl Marx"

You do know that, that's not the name of a fashion designer? Don't you?

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    And pretty much any car is cheap compared to a Bugatti Veyron, doens't make them in any way acceptably priced.

And those shoes look like something a skanger girl wears for her communion.

Yeah Their Hideous but to be honest I'd just be thankful that a skanger was actually wearing shoes. I thought their ick trainers were surgicaly attached to their ick feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Blisterman wrote: »
    Ironically, Laura Appleby's profile says, and I quote.

"I heart Karl Marx"

You do know that, that's not the name of a fashion designer? Don't you?

Meanwhile I'm currently enthralled reading The Communist Manifesto by Karl Lagerfeld...

Wertz wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'm currently enthralled reading The Communist Manifesto by Karl Lagerfeld...

I've read the Communist Manifesto actually its one of my favourite books. I feel really bad for poor people sometimes. If we could all be rich it'd be a lot nicer world and we'd never have to feel bad :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I feel really bad for poor people sometimes.

Then you look down at your Jimmy Choo's and say "Fcuk them! I'm happy".......

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Then you look down at your Jimmy Choo's and say "Fcuk them! I'm happy".......

No I never feel like that I'm a very compassionate person but they are a little ray of beauty in a world that can be so ugly and so full of ugly people

I've read the Communist Manifesto actually its one of my favourite books. I feel really bad for poor people sometimes. If we could all be rich it'd be a lot nicer world and we'd never have to feel bad :(

But if everyone was rich then it would turn the economic system on its head, plus the plebs would all be able to afford Jimmy Choos thereby destroying their position as an elitist status symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I've read the Communist Manifesto actually its one of my favourite books.
    Wow, why exactly is it one of your favourite books and what insight did you gain from reading it may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Laura if you ever come to a boards get together I will be thoroughly disappointed if you are not decked out in fine clothes. However I doubt you will. I have high hopes for you, leading us into web 2.0 in style

No I never feel like that I'm a very compassionate person but they are a little ray of beauty in a world that can be so ugly and so full of ugly people

Not at all, thats why you spend 500 a pop on shoes. Rather than 100 on a pair of adequate footwear and maybe donate 400 to the starving children!

Wilburt wrote: »
    Laura if you ever come to a boards get together I will be thoroughly disappointed if you are not decked out in fine clothes. However I doubt you will. I have high hopes for you, leading us into web 2.0 in style

Will you need to get your Armani jacket tho aswell for one!!

Well off topic but did you repeat in Rathmines a few years ago?

• Advertisement

Not at all, thats why you spend 500 a pop on shoes. Rather than 100 on a pair of adequate footwear and maybe donate 400 to the starving children!

Be fair now, she does give her support to sweat shops in Asia, thereby keeping those kids in employment so they can work 16 hours for a bowl of rice.

jonny24ie - yup... Ah I have nicer jackets don't you worry ;)
    I dress smart for work, nights out I prefer casual.

rathmines stoodent yeah. >_> <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Piste wrote: »
    I'd prefer a 500 euro pair of shoes than a 500 euro graphics ard tbh, each to their own.

Id rather a 500e hooker tbh

jonny24ie - yup... Ah I have nicer jackets don't you worry ;)
    I dress smart for work, nights out I prefer casual.

rathmines stoodent yeah. >_> <_<

I'd well believe it but you'll have to bling up if Laura goes to a boards beers.

Ah I knew I recognised you from somewhere! Although I wasn't a student I attended plenty of classes during your time in the school!! :D

OMG Johnnie quit with the starving children already! I don't have any children and If i did I assure you they would not starve (nor would they be obese like all the poor butter balls I see around dublin) As I have already stated starving children are politicians problem unfortunately obese ones are more frequently becoming my own personal visual problem

Be fair now, she does give her support to sweat shops in Asia, thereby keeping those kids in employment so they can work 16 hours for a bowl of rice.

WOW you guys are like the most self righteous people ever. I am not the only consumer on the planet. And as Karl Marx states change can only come about by means of a proletarian revolution so whether I buy clothes made in asia or not it won't make a damn bit of difference in the long run.

I'd well believe it but you'll have to bling up if Laura goes to a boards beers.

Ah I knew I recognised you from somewhere! Although I wasn't a student I attended plenty of classes during your time in the school!! :D

So you are a teacher then, I'm thinking Biology...

Laura, people are just trying to get a rise out of you. haha butterballs, so true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

In fairness, she's already told us how much effort she puts into getting dressed up for a normal run of the mill day, never mind coming to a boards function so we can see if she lives up to her self engineered hype. That would take years!

OMG Johnnie quit with the starving children already! I don't have any children and If i did I assure you they would not starve (nor would they be obese like all the poor butter balls I see around dublin) As I have already stated starving children are politicians problem unfortunately obese ones are more frequently becoming my own personal visual problem

Sorry but you brought it back up, as I have said before you have no problem with kids working in sweatshops as long as you get what you want out of it, i.e. more money from a client.
    Yet you think the starving children should only be a politicians problem??
    Get with the programme, thats what has these kids in their current situation, people that have the money that can help them passing the blame to someone else!!

• Advertisement

Cool_CM wrote: »
    In fairness, she's already told us how much effort she puts into getting dressed up for a normal run of the mill day, never mind coming to a boards function so we can see if she lives up to her self engineered hype. That would take years!

I can't imagine it would take that much effort to impress the boards crew :D

HA HA

XXX

Advertisement