Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Spankeh wrote: »
    Id rather a 500e hooker tbh

Or a hundred €5 hookers...

Or raep and an Xbox 360...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wilburt wrote: »
    So you are a teacher then, I'm thinking Biology...

Laura, people are just trying to get a rise out of you. haha butterballs, so true

Nope, was mates with a few of the students.... Barry Roache etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I can't imagine it would take that much effort to impress the boards crew :D

HA HA

XXX

We have very high standards. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Sorry but you brought it back up, as I have said before you have no problem with kids working in sweatshops as long as you get what you want out of it, i.e. more money from a client.
    Yet you think the starving children should only be a politicians problem??
    Get with the programme, thats what has these kids in their current situation, people that have the money that can help them passing the blame to someone else!!

Is it not there parents fault? I wouldn't let my kids work I don't see why they do. Its just a different culture they are a developing economy every western economy exploited child labour during the course of their development too its just like a necessary evil. Don't make out that Laura appleby is the cause and that she should feel unduly guilty over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ah hmm, I'm wondering who you are now. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

And as Karl Marx states change can only come about by means of a proletarian revolution
    You "heart" Karl Marx? You do know who the proletariat are don't you? The working and lower social classes. How will you feel when/if the working classes or "skangers" as you put it revolt and do change things? But I guess if you "heart" Karl Marx then you'll love it.

Ah hmm, I'm wondering who you are now. Ah well

Remember "Mo" ....... that should get you on to way to remembering.....
    Many a fun time was had in Madisons aswell and Savanaha's for the Halloween social!!

Is it not there parents fault? I wouldn't let my kids work I don't see why they do. Its just a different culture they are a developing economy every western economy exploited child labour during the course of their development too its just like a necessary evil. Don't make out that Laura appleby is the cause and that she should feel unduly guilty over it

No but if you gave a cr@p you wouldn't use child labour to your benifit. As I said above you pass the blame so you don't feel guilty!!

All I am saying is if you donated the cost of a pair of Choo's once a year or two you could make a decent difference!!

only mo I knew was a girl... you aren't a girl. was years ago. *bangs head*

Cool_CM wrote: »
    You "heart" Karl Marx? You do know who the proletariat are don't you? The working and lower social classes. How will you feel when/if the working classes or "skangers" as you put it revolt and do change things? But I guess if you "heart" Karl Marx then you'll love it.

Skangers are the worst consumers of all they spend all the money they (don't) have on beer, drugs, fags, feeding their fat kids mac donalds and installing spoilers and under floor lights on their cars.

• Advertisement

only mo I knew was a girl... you aren't a girl. was years ago. *bangs head*

Yeah you knew her and I ended up with her for a few years... :p

Funny how small this world is, isn't it. Still don't remember ya though. :-/
    *bangs head some more*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Skangers are the worst consumers of all they spend all the money they (don't) have on beer, drugs, fags, feeding their fat kids mac donalds and installing spoilers and under floor lights on their cars.
    Yes but they are the lower social/working classes or proletariat that you made reference to. Should there ever be a revolution in Ireland where this same proletariat "change things" would you be happy, seeing as Marx's theories came good? You do "heart" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto is "one of your favourite books". Why do state that you "heart" him and count the book as one of your favourites if you have clearly learned nothing, or missed the whole point of what he was trying to say? Or was it just perscribed reading for your Orts course?

Funny how small this world is, isn't it. Still don't remember ya though. :-/
    *bangs head some more*

Ah if you saw pics you'd remember, I went to the debs and all with her. Twas a long time ago then, haven't spoken to anyone from that far back in a long time!!

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Yes but they are the lower social/working classes or proletariat that you made reference to. Should there ever be a revolution in Ireland where this same proletariat "change things" would you be happy, seeing as Marx's theories came good? You do "heart" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto is "one of your favourite books".

The class he referred to were the ordinary factory workers I'm pretty sure most skangers don't work unless you consider loitering and popping out kids work

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

dont forget the argos jewellery, tracksuits etc.

Scanger me banger has alot to answer for.

Haha Laura if there was thanks here I would, hilarious sh!t... I walk by skangers on the way to work every single day by the customs house. everyday without fail they are there with cans of dutchie (only thing that hasnt increased in price) and literally bumming around. wastes of space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BTW did we ever find out why it was unethical to shop in Tesco? I'm hungry, but my conscience is at me...

Wertz wrote: »
    BTW did we ever find out why it was unethical to shop in Tesco? I'm hungry, but my conscience is at me...

Didn't you see that Hughs chicken run documentary? Plus its full of skangers and forcing innocent people to be in the vicinity of Ugos is unethical in my opinion

Haha Laura if there was thanks here I would, hilarious sh!t... I walk by skangers on the way to work every single day by the customs house. everyday without fail they are there with cans of dutchie (only thing that hasnt increased in price) and literally bumming around. wastes of space

That's exactly why I avoid the North Side like the plague ;)

• Advertisement

Dodgy territory there Laura, I'm only 4 area codes from Dublin 2...

That's exactly why I avoid the North Side like the plague ;)

But Skangers are people too :eek: :D

The tags on this thread are comical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Didn't you see that Hughs chicken run documentary? Plus its full of skangers and forcing innocent people to be in the vicinity of Ugos is unethical in my opinion

Whats wrong with them Ugo's sandwiches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah I mean I know...I almost choked on my KFC family bucket, but I managed to finish it during the ad break...

Dodgy territory there Laura, I'm only 4 area codes from Dublin 2...

Kidding Kidding, the north side isn't ALL bad it does have H&M after all!

Well I dont care really, I live south side but plenty of friends from the north side. Unmerciful slaggings I get. Good college over there.

Thank jeebus college is still free-ish unlike america

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Kidding Kidding, the north side isn't ALL bad it does have H&M after all!

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

To sum up this thread in four minutes........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

eddiehobbs wrote: »
    Trip to the dentist, examination and 1 filling €190:eek:

That was nice of them to pay for your trip there though too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

proportional to how much people earn on average is ireland really that expensive?

Advertisement