Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Bicycle wheels.
    Some little sh1t stole both the wheels off my bike the other day. Cost of replacement? £200.
    Cost of new bike?
    £100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

You poor thing :rolleyes:

I can sense your sarcasm. would you prefer that i whinged about paying 2 euro for water like that was a lot of money? I mean how log does it take to earn 2 euro??/ about five to seven minutes work right? and yet you're all crying about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kold wrote: »
    Why would you need to? Get a Brita water filter and you've got a free supply! I object to having to pay through the nose for it when I'm out.

Yeah but you have to pay for the filters so therefore its not free anymore!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I can sense your sarcasm. would you prefer that i whinged about paying 2 euro for water like that was a lot of money? I mean how log does it take to earn 2 euro??/ about five to seven minutes work right? and yet you're all crying about it.

Yes but considering they want us to ease up on the use of water yet the icecaps are melting and in the future the planet will be overrun with water you'd think it would be alot cheaper!!

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yes but considering they want us to ease up on the use of water yet the icecaps are melting and in the future the planet will be overrun with water you'd think it would be alot cheaper!!

Thats salt water though you can't drink that. Plus with the global warming the water will actually Evaporate so there'll actually be LESS of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's exactly that kind of attitude that has this country paying through the nose for everything. I'm glad your disposable income is so...disposable.

Wertz wrote: »
    It's exactly that kind of attitude that has this country paying through the nose for everything. I'm glad your disposable income is so...disposable.

Its two friggin euro stop dagging about it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

2 euro a day for a year = a new pair of shoes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

okay whats with the hostility? ridiculous. a blind idiot could tell the difference between blahniks and penneys

no man can tell the difference between a 500 pair of shoes and penneys, no straight man anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Ink cartridges for printers. I took my old dear to buy herself some new ones a while back and it worked out cheaper to buy a new printer.

• Advertisement

Who's dagging (?) about it?
    You're in here whinging about feckin shoes on some Carrie Bradshaw wannabe fantasy...get a grip.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    no man can tell the difference between a 500 pair of shoes and penneys, no straight man anyway..

Seriously you've obviously never seen good shoes like choos or blahniks or even terry de havilland because to tell the difference between them and penneys cheap tat is like telling the difference between a diamond and a zirconia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Why don't they just leave massive price tags on these things? It's not like anyone's trying to be subtle about it anymore.

Wertz wrote: »
    Who's dagging (?) about it?
    You're in here whinging about feckin shoes on some Carrie Bradshaw wannabe fantasy...get a grip.

well its my job Einstein so its not a fantasy, its work.

Thats salt water though you can't drink that. Plus with the global warming the water will actually Evaporate so there'll actually be LESS of it.

ice caps are fresh water, 90% of the worlds fresh water is locked up in the polar ice-caps

anyway desalination can turn sea water into drinking water, where do you think saudi arabia gets their water with no rivers or lakes in that country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Granted now I dropped Science at JC level, but doesn't all water that evaporates fall again as precipitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

100% agree with the take-away pizzas.
    You can can a frozen pizza for €2.99, the same pizza you'd pay €20 for at a take away.

It doesn't make sense.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ice caps are fresh water, 90% of the worlds fresh water is locked up in the polar ice-caps

anyway desalination can turn sea water into drinking water, where do you think saudi arabia gets their water with no rivers or lakes in that country

yeah but when they melt they'll just mix in with like the salty ocean and stuff its not like you can seperate them out after they mix. And in all seriousness would you drink water that used to be the sea? It would be polluted. its not pure I can't believe people drink that. NASTY!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Speaking of water, I find it funny that certain water companies claim its been in the ground for millions of years... yet they bottle it with an expiry date :pac:

Everything is way too expensive compared to other places. Last I checked we're paying 3 times what americans are for >50% of things.

Diesel/Petrol too.. I mean wtf? A barrel costs ~135$, and contains so 42 US gallons (34.972 Imperial gallons or 158.987 L).., we're paying €1.40/L (2.20 USD), or 349.77$ per barrel..

How can someone with such nice shoes be so stupid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

- Ink for home printers (isn't ther some fact that it is more expensive per litre than Cristal)

- Cinema Popcorn

- Breakfast cereals (4 odd yoyos for a box of dried flakes??)

- Smoothies (Having been abroad, we are being raped here, both in supermarkets and the over the counter ones)

- Bagels (New Yorkers must laugh when they come here)

- A pint in Dublin City Center ( When I was in Newcastle, you paid a pound a pint, t'was great)

- Concerts here. Is €100 now standard for one concert ticket? (Again, when I was in New York, sporting and concert tickets were far cheaper)

- Magazines

rotfl :pac:

well its my job Einstein so its not a fantasy, its work.

I didn't know Walter Mitty had a daughter...

yeah but when they melt they'll just mix in with like the salty ocean and stuff its not like you can seperate them out after they mix. And in all seriousness would you drink water that used to be the sea? It would be polluted. its not pure I can't believe people drink that. NASTY!
    My god, how can you drink bottled water that's been filtered through the ground?! Insects live there and naked people swim in the rivers that they get it from!! NASTY!!!!

Eh where do you think the water supply we drink comes from?? Is there some magical little water elf that delivers it to these bottling factories and they bottle it and sell it on??
    Speaking of water, I find it funny that certain water companies claim its been in the ground for millions of years... yet they bottle it with an expiry date :pac:

Everything is way too expensive compared to other places. Last I checked we're paying 3 times what americans are for >50% of things.

Diesel/Petrol too.. I mean wtf? A barrel costs ~135$, and contains so 42 US gallons (34.972 Imperial gallons or 158.987 L).., we're paying €1.40/L (2.20 USD), or 349.77$ per barrel..

Yeah and 212.77$ a barrel is suppose to be tax and transport costs!! I seriously doubt it, they make a fortune from it and the govern,ent don't care how much it raises because their share goes up aswell when the price rises on it.

Dear moderator,
    I am pretty sure that this post refers to my good self. I do not like being called stupid and find it an abusive term.

yours,

Laura Appleby B.A Hons

lol best troll evar!

Concerts here. Is €100 now standard for one concert ticket? (Again, when I was in New York, sporting and concert tickets were far cheaper)

average about €70 for a normal outdoor gig

its €76 for meatloaf in donegal next tuesday night, tickets for his english shows this week are £25-£35

Laura Appleby B.A Hons
    Wow, you have an Arts degree.

• Advertisement

Dear moderator,
    I am pretty sure that this post refers to my good self. I do not like being called stupid and find it an abusive term.

yours,

Laura Appleby B.A Hons

I'll finally be able to hold my head up on the "Have you been banned" thread, score!

Advertisement