Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

rossie1977 wrote: »
    rotfl :pac:

Quoted the wrong quote! Twas meant to be Beautiation! "How can someone with such nice shoes be so stupid?" [I'm not very good at doing this quote thingys']

I just almost wet myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, fair enough perhaps able to tell the difference between Penney's €15 sandals and whatever names you gave there. [I wouldn't know, I don't buy fancy clothes]

Actually yer wan on Fair City is wearing a top I have. Dunnes. Even their wages doesn't pay for expensive clothes. Oi Laura, I hope you're nabbing yourself a multi millionaire or the likes? Personally I'd rather have the 30 pairs of shoes I have than paying almost 2 months rent on a pair of shoes that I'd probably break my ankles anyway! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Until people in this country stop carrying around lube and bending over and taking it then they will continue to be ripped off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Troll harder bud. And shame on the rest of you. So blatant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Eh where do you think the water supply we drink comes from?? Is there some magical little water elf that delivers it to these bottling factories and they bottle it and sell it on??
    [/QUOTE]

I only drink bottled water, french if possible and its usually volcanic water which is much healthier for you. The irish sea is the most radioactive sea in the world fact fans and there is no way i would drink that water. I'd rather pay my 2 euro thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Eh where do you think the water supply we drink comes from?? Is there some magical little water elf that delivers it to these bottling factories and they bottle it and sell it on??

I only drink bottled water, french if possible and its usually volcanic water which is much healthier for you. The irish sea is the most radioactive sea in the world fact fans and there is no way i would drink that water. I'd rather pay my 2 euro thank you very much

C+

You lost marks for not condoning racism or child abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And how on earth can you be 100% sure that it is French and from a Volcano??

Read up on this....
    http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Tw-Z/Volcanoes-and-Water.html

You are still drinking the same water as everyone else because its source nomatter what way you put it is the sea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Cars, you pay double/triple the price of a car in Ireland than you do in the "Americas". I'm awaiting delivery of a new Ford Edge, total price €20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I would like to think so.
    Methinks you should also read up on this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So tell us Laura BA Hons...why is volcanic water so much better for you? Higher sulphur content? More negative ions?
    Or did the nice man on the telly say so...

Oi Laura, I hope you're nabbing yourself a multi millionaire or the likes? Personally I'd rather have the 30 pairs of shoes I have than paying almost 2 months rent on a pair of shoes that I'd probably break my ankles anyway! :)

why would I have to like 'nab' myself a multi millionaire. i run my own successful business and I pay for everything myself including my 500 euro shoes. Also you wouldn't break your ankle in them they are really comfy and much easier to walk in that cheaper shoes of the same height

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Originally Posted by Laura Appleby View Post
    Dear moderator,
    I am pretty sure that this post refers to my good self. I do not like being called stupid and find it an abusive term.

yours,

Laura Appleby B.A Hons

If you have such a great degree, why are you working in a shoeshop?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    And how on earth can you be 100% sure that it is French and from a Volcano??

Read up on this....
    http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Tw-Z/Volcanoes-and-Water.html

You are still drinking the same water as everyone else because its source nomatter what way you put it is the sea!!

Thats not true, lots of bottled water is from under ground springs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How can someone with such nice shoes be so stupid?

:D and earn, like, €400 a day?

Newaglish wrote: »
    If you have such a great degree, why are you working in a shoeshop?

I don't work in a shoe shop i run an image consultancy business

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

why would I have to like 'nab' myself a multi millionaire. i run my own successful business and I pay for everything myself including my 500 euro shoes. Also you wouldn't break your ankle in them they are really comfy and much easier to walk in that cheaper shoes of the same height

Please tell me that you realised that people are taking the piss out of you, and that your aware that each response of yours adds to the joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Think of all the children you could feed if you just donated those shoes eh.......... Now wouldn't THAT make you feel like you've really succeeded? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

don't be silly. Of course not, they are just impeccably made and very sexy, some pairs are over 800 euro but like i said thats just like WAY too much. i mean I have a bit of money but its just too much to pay thats like almost two days work.

youd be much better off getting into the pimping side of the business. i mean sure right now its all jimmy choos and feeling pretty. but what happens six months from now when your looks fade?

True, I've heard that's where the magical elf lives too!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Wow. Deffo first against the wall.

And how on earth does the water get to these springs?? It doesn't magically appear there now does it?

• Advertisement

mawk wrote: »
    youd be much better off getting into the pimping side of the business. i mean sure right now its all jimmy choos and feeling pretty. but what happens six months from now when your looks fade?

I'm 22 honey my looks aren't fading any time soon :P

XXX

jonny24ie wrote: »
    And how on earth does the water get to these springs?? It doesn't magically appear there now does it?
    Nope, as she has already explained, thats where the "magic water bottling elf" comes in!:D

Please tell me that you realised that people are taking the piss out of you, and that your aware that each response of yours adds to the joke?

yeah I realize that some of them are jealous or whatever but I don't know why i feel sorry for them really resenting a young woman spending money on herself. Its my right to buy shoes with my hard earned money

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Nope, as she has already explained, thats where the "magic water bottling elf" comes in!:D

Ah but if you look back it was me that asked if the magic elfs come in!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Good old AH, guaranteed to bring out every ****ing begrudger.

Heaven forbid she buys 500e shoes.

What about the guy who spends 500e on a computer part? or some kit for his car?

ffs. Ignore them Laura, they're getting off to your replies.

/goes back to his 20c litre of bottled water.

On topic:

Chocolate bars should not cost 80c - €1. Arse to that.
    Even bags of crisps, what a jip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

mawk wrote: »

Or even worse ... when that pair of shoes goes out of fashion.

Maybe she could donate them to some starving third world girl who might find use for them ? Because when they're out of fashion they're no good any more right ?

When the starving girl stands in them they'll totally improve her posture and she'll really loose that starving pot belly look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

XXX

oh damn, youre right.

yup i just got showed pretty hard. i better sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DonJose wrote: »
    Cars, you pay double/triple the price of a car in Ireland than you do in the "Americas". I'm awaiting delivery of a new Ford Edge, total price €20k.

Yup. I want to get a Nissan 350Z for myself sometime in the future. Have always loved that car..

Price here - 67k
    Price US - 23k
    (both prices are in euros)

Infact my cousin who's 19 just got one for himself.. that's f*cked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Redpunto wrote: »
    kitty litter :D

Oh my god yes! I've just started fostering cats, and jees does it break the bank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

XXX

I dunno, i'd say they have started going south already.

http://images.google.ie/LauraApplebyresults

Advertisement