Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

tickets to GAA matches have gotten a bit steep in recent years, €25 euro to sit on a stone slab for 2 hours in castlebar next sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

rossie1977 wrote: »
    tickets to GAA matches have gotten a bit steep in recent years, €25 euro to sit on a stone slab for 2 hours in castlebar next sunday :(

Surely most of that goes on players wages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

DonJose wrote: »
    Surely most of that goes on players wages :D

...or building stadiums and facilities :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

kaimera wrote: »
    Good old AH, guaranteed to bring out every ****ing begrudger.

Heaven forbid she buys 500e shoes.

I suppose you're right. Why not splash the cash now? I mean, we're all going to die when the water evaporates and floats off into space anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

I dunno, i'd say they have started going south already.

http://images.google.ie/LauraApplebyresults

Ew. i could have happily lived my life without ever seeing that fashion trainwreck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Lmao.. Thread is funny!
    Wtf; rent, esb, internet, phone calls are fvcking expensive.
    Fruits & veg too, cheaper to go to Mc donalds tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Wertz wrote: »

like hyde park which ended up in debt so that a roscommon businessman had to bail them out to the tune of 1.5 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Spending that much money on shoes is vulger in my opinion. They're just shoes ffs. Get a life.

(before you come back and say something original like 'oh your just jealous', I could afford to buy shoes like these, but I choose not to hand over money to these companies who probably get the shoes made in sweatshops anyway -they're making millions because you've got some complex and think that you're only 'worth' something if you've got 250 euro strapped to each foot. Your loss in the end)

Wertz wrote: »

...or trying to block Shamrock Rovers from setting up a support base in Tallaght...

Glowing wrote: »
    Spending that much money on shoes is vulger in my opinion. They're just shoes ffs. Get a life.

They are really more pieces of art than shoes seriously see for yourself:

http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/EditorialContent.ice?page=WhatsHotPage1

And I have a life, a life that includes nice shoes. I consider cheap shoes vulger but I'm not going on and on and on about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

And I have a life, a life that includes nice shoes. I consider cheap shoes vulger but I'm not going on and on and on about it.

Yes right up there with Picassos,Rembrandts & Da Vincis work. :rolleyes: Also you're a rather entertaining troll,carry on please. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Lmao.. Thread is funny!
    Wtf; rent, esb, internet, phone calls are fvcking expensive.
    Fruits & veg too, cheaper to go to Mc donalds tbh

Rent is too expensive - you can blame that on the government
    ESB - that's because of the oil. I'm glad the price is going up

As for fruit and veg! Do you realise the amount of effort and time it goes into growing them? And we expect to throw a few coppers at the man in Tesco and go home with a week's worth of food? Food has never been so cheap since WW2. Try and make the connection between the decline in rural Ireland and the fact that everyone wants to do their weekly shop for €15.

Glowing - if she's spent €500 on shoes, they're the ones that are least likely to have been made by children in sweatshops. They have probably been made in Italy, not China. No, the cheap child-labour ones are the €2 ones in Penneys that people are telling her to buy.

If a pair of shoes costs that little, someone is paying the price. It isn't the consumers, it definitely isn't Penneys so it most probably is the 10 year old child at the other end of the chain. I personally find that more disgusting than investing in a good pair of shoes.

Is that what you tell yourself? Now, would that be 'art' or 'ort'?

Hahaha, you're hilarious. :rolleyes:

Glowing wrote: »
    Is that what you tell yourself? Now, would that be 'art' or 'ort'?

Hahaha, you're hilarious. :rolleyes:

How can you not appreciate their intricate beauty? If you cannot appreciate these shoes then i Imagine you cannot appreciate a Van gogh or a vinci either.

Look at this one its exquisite:

http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=71844&fromPage=collection

Ladies some back up please? We need to defend a womans right to shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

god damn those are not attractive shoes. but dont worry boardsies, my opinion doesn't cost as much as hers

god though.. i was convinced this was a very dedicated troll. but ive lost conviction seeing her posts in other forums. could it be that this is totally heartfelt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

well its my job Einstein so its not a fantasy, its work.

You work in Brown Thomas dont you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How can you not appreciate their intricate beauty? If you cannot appreciate these shoes then i Imagine you cannot appreciate a Van gogh or a vinci either.

Look at this one its exquisite:

http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=71844&fromPage=collection

Ladies some back up please? We need to defend a womans right to shoes

That is hideous!!

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    You work in Brown Thomas dont you?

No as I said before I am self employed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i saw shoes like that on a stripper once.

seriously, laura, the guy who sold you those shoes is laughing at you, as are a few others i;d wager. bet they cost 50 quid to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

she is a high class fashion consultant. jeez, try to keep up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    That is hideous!!

you can't truely think that if you think that is hideous I'd love to see like your idea of Beauty. I bet you didn't even notice the zip detail paying tribute to bondage. you need to really LOOK at the shoe. you probably just glanced.

i saw shoes like that on a stripper once.

seriously, laura, the guy who sold you those shoes is laughing at you, as are a few others i;d wager. bet they cost 50 quid to make.

Believe me honey no stripper would wear these shoes. Strippers where shoes with Lucite heels.

Sorry to disappoint you darling, it's all marketing. And you're falling for it hook line and sinker.

The only reason you think they're art is because

1) The website is fancy
    2) They cost 500 euro plus
    3) Sarah Jessica Parker said so.

you can't truely think that if you think that is hideous I'd love to see like your idea of Beauty. I bet you didn't even notice the zip detail paying tribute to bondage. you need to really LOOK at the shoe. you probably just glanced.

The bondage of a woman to the kitchen I assume. :P

Trying to say shoes have artistic merit :rolleyes: Although I suppose when you see what passes for art these days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wow it has a zip!!!! Oh my god these things are the best because they have a zip on them!!

Hey look over there, its more shiney things
    >

:rolleyes:

I have those and you know what they were worth every penny. I always get my way in those boots.

Looks like a pair of wellies with a pointy yoke sticking down from the heel. I suppose you could see cows from further away with those. :pac:

I have those and you know what they were worth every penny. I always get my way in those boots.

So the boots help you get your own way??

You can't make statements like that without backing them up..........
    so Pics or GTFO!! :D

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you didn't know wtf Jimmy Choo was until you saw the film "In Her Shoes" ;)

Advertisement