Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

What I have learnt from this thread:

Water: 1.50
    Takeaway Pizza: 20.00
    Laura Appleby: PRICELESS!

And if you're a troll you're very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

CARBSY: Really must try that! Wow! Thanks! And to think the dear old image consultant couldn't consult me on my image! Argh! Fancy that eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

BA Hons...do they do a degree course now to teach you how to pick overpriced shoes? celtic tiger's death rattle if i ever heard it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

+1 [Or should that be +infinity going by her pricelessness and all!]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I love shoes as much as the next girl, I dont own any designer stuff at the min but i intend to (student lifestyle, what can ya do?) ;) But this is a thread about things that shouldn't cost half* as much.....like I would love Jimmy Choos, they are beautiful, but they are an extravagance, not a necessity as such.

Someone should start a Jimmy Choo appreciation thread I think ;)

And while I'm here.....vodka is WAY overpriced!
    As is car insurance and petrol.
    Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I once was gonna buy an armani coat for €500. Was lovely. Probably should have bought it. I'm sorta with Laura Appleby here (can't believe Im saying this) but if it's what you are into why not? :-/
    I'm probably gonna spend €200 on a pair of large gauge amber ear rings (plugs)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wilburt wrote: »
    I once was gonna buy an armani coat for €500. Was lovely. Probably should have bought it. I'm sorta with Laura Appleby here (can't believe Im saying this) but if it's what you are into why not? :-/
    I'm probably gonna spend €200 on a pair of large gauge amber ear rings (plugs)

Ah Wilburt the main question here is tho:

Did the jacket have its own personality?
    &
    Do the plugs have their own personality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

What gets me most is people paying stupid money just for the label. Its snobbery, out and out.

If you find a gorgeous coat, go for it. If you find an amazing pair of shoes that go with 20 outfits, go for it. If you want to spend 500 quid just because it has a name on it, shame on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

carbsy wrote: »
    wtf is the Mario fanclub? jeeeez...

My bad. I should just insert a 'who gives a fcuk what score I got on what game' sig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Cinema tickets, cinema food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Bijoux wrote: »
    I love shoes as much as the next girl, I dont own any designer stuff at the min but i intend to (student lifestyle, what can ya do?) ;) But this is a thread about things that shouldn't cost half* as much.....like I would love Jimmy Choos, they are beautiful, but they are an extravagance, not a necessity as such.

Someone should start a Jimmy Choo appreciation thread I think ;)

And while I'm here.....vodka is WAY overpriced!
    As is car insurance and petrol.
    Hmm.
    Hmmm, Laura calls for backup on the shoe front, and one magically appears!
    Is the magical little water bottling elf at work here too?;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Glowing wrote: »
    What gets me most is people paying stupid money just for the label. Its snobbery, out and out.

If you find a gorgeous coat, go for it. If you find an amazing pair of shoes that go with 20 outfits, go for it. If you want to spend 500 quid just because it has a name on it, shame on you!

This is why we need the "Thanks" button in AH!!

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ah Wilburt the main question here is tho:

Did the jacket have its own personality?
    &
    Do the plugs have their own personality?

The coat had style and it behooved me.
    The plugs will be hand made, custom just for me and are unique.
    Nah I'd prefer to think that I am the one with the personality and not what i wear.

If you want to spend 500 quid just because it has a name on it, shame on you!

It's not the name, but the little zippy thing that makes it so expensive. Duhhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

I think its clear that i love my shoes. Choos, louboutins, blahniks etc. I don't just buy for the name of course not, and I buy lower priced labels too. I especially like LAMB at the moment. i buy them cos they are super fab not becuase of the name.

My bad. I should just insert a 'who gives a fcuk what score I got on what game' sig.

lol it's probably the worst score out there, not played it in months. ;) WTF is Mario?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Cool_CM wrote: »

well, spotted, didn't even notice that myself, this thread is hilarious, Laura if you're for real, then you have some serious issues, and need some professional help, to think that your shoes project a personality onto you is just plain nuts.

I especially like LAMB at the moment. i buy them cos they are super fab not becuase of the name.

I love how you wander off on these little tangents as if anyone cares. Can I put you in my pocket?

Wilburt wrote: »
    The coat had style and it behooved me.
    The plugs will be hand made, custom just for me and are unique.
    Nah I'd prefer to think that I am the one with the personality and not what i wear.
    Thats it man, the odd splurge for yourself is good.
    Your key words in there speaks volumes. ;)

They are a one off just for you so are worth that splurge of cash.

• Advertisement

carbsy wrote: »
    lol it's probably the worst score out there, not played it in months. ;) WTF is Mario?

WTF'isnt Mario. Look here.

I think its clear that i love my shoes. Choos, louboutins, blahniks etc. I don't just buy for the name of course not, and I buy lower priced labels too. I especially like LAMB at the moment. i buy them cos they are super fab not becuase of the name.
    So it's nothing to do with the fact that it's Gwen Stefani's fashion line at all then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Cool_CM wrote: »

Lol not as such, believe me I'm a science geek, I know where water comes from, and I dont think there are enough volcanoes in France to provide enough 'nutrients' for every single bottle of Evian produced....

I'm justifying her right to buy those shoes if she wants, I'm not justifying that they are something which shouldn't cost half as much, as was the aim of this thread

Also, I heard the elves were on strike cos of the recession and the impending pay-freeze...greedy brats! :pac:

Its funny, I get custom jewerly made all the time and in fact it's cheaper than the mass produced stuff lol

i hate when i get brainwaves after my main point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Thats it man, the odd splurge for yourself is good.
    Your key words in there speaks volumes. ;)

They are a one off just for you so are worth that splurge of cash.

I've been to Vietnam a few times to get custom made dresses and shoes does that make me better if they are custom made? i think not. Plus its not what you buy its how you WEAR them. Getting dressed for me takes a lot of thought and effort.

I've been to Vietnam a few times to get custom made dresses and shoes does that make me better if they are custom made? i think not. Plus its not what you buy its how you WEAR them. Getting dressed for me takes a lot of thought and effort.

haha i can imagine :pac:

Getting dressed for me takes a lot of thought and effort.

I can only imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Bijoux wrote: »
    Lol not as such, believe me I'm a science geek, I know where water comes from, and I dont think there are enough volcanoes in France to provide enough 'nutrients' for every single bottle of Evian produced....

I'm justifying her right to buy those shoes if she wants, I'm not justifying that they are something which shouldn't cost half as much, as was the aim of this thread

Also, I heard the elves were on strike cos of the recession and the impending pay-freeze...greedy brats! :pac:

TBH i find it very hard to believe that, what with your first 2 posts in this thread and a join date of today. it seems very convenient that your first posts just happen to come a few minutes after Laura asked for help from other wimminz

• Advertisement

I can only imagine
    Now thats a man with personality and style!

Advertisement