Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff that shouldn't cost half as much

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Are there my friends is the selfishness of this poster!
    You don't care about the starving and that is the problem with society today. All you care about is your "image"!

yeah and what do you like do for starving kids before you get carried away on your high horse i have attended many charity bashes actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Get a grip girl ! You are over in fashion and appearance in a thread on sweat shops claiming to cut the tags off cheaper clothes so your "client" doesn't know.
    But how will they know what temperature to wash it at?! You're a cruel woman Ms Appleby:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Get a grip girl ! You are over in fashion and appearance in a thread on sweat shops claiming to cut the tags off cheaper clothes so your "client" doesn't know.

Simply grow up !

not necessarily cheaper clothes but items made in poorer countries. that type of thing doesn't bother me because without the fashion industry all these people would have no jobs. My client is a bit of a hippy type like I said and she only wants clothes made in europe which i try to do but if i find a really nice piece thats made elsewhere i'll buy it for her anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Cool_CM wrote: »
    But how will they know what temperature to wash it at?! You're a cruel woman Ms Appleby:eek:

Have a read folks Ms. Charity Bash attender claims the kids are great little sewers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Bijoux wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'm only a newbie, I don't really know the deal yet!

Ah yes tis hilarious!

I knew I should of given a crash course in boards etiquette. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Hmm I understand your need to dress the part for your job as an image consultant, however the notion that labels are the be all and the end all is ridiculous. Most fashion trends circulate down through the high street anyway. And shops like Reiss will produce clothes that are of equal quality.

However you lost me a bit by comparing shoes to masters such as Van Gogh and have forced me to take those remarks as a personal injury! Woe is me!:P

On topic I think fruit is an astronomical price. I understand a lot of effort can go into the production and shipping of fruit-not to mention clocking up those airmiles, but €20 for a bag of cherries is astronomical (As I saw recently in town)! There's something funny going on when you can buy a load of rubbish for less than some fruit.:eek:

The obesity epidemic is getting closer...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Anyway back on track enough time spent on wastes of space. Things that are overpriced/expensive

home heating such as oil or gas
    doctors/dentists fees
    the price of fresh produce such as fruit and veg
    mobile phone bills - still overpriced
    insurance - cars, home, health etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I knew I should of given a crash course in boards etiquette. :D

Yes.
    Shame on you.
    Tut tut......then again, the crash course on economics was a disaster XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I'm still waiting to be told why Tesco's is unethical

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

yeah and what do you like do for starving kids before you get carried away on your high horse i have attended many charity bashes actually

I spent time working in Concern no getting paid!! I donate unwanted items(some which have been unopened designer brands that I was given as gifts), I have raised money for charities aswell.

A charity bash is just a way of getting more exposure for yourself so you ain't doing it for the kids only yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Staying in ireland. Hotel prices are crap I mean some places charge between 100-200 a night. I could get 2 weeks on spain for the cost of a couple of days here.

OH AND SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! YE KUNTS THE LOT OF YE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

For things are too expensive only one thing comes to mind. Yore Ma!

(Obligatory Yore Ma joke requirement fulfilled)

For things are too expensive only one thing comes to mind. Yore Ma!

(Obligatory Yore Ma joke requirement fulfilled)

Yore MA

(Obligatory witty response fulifilled)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

laura, please marry me. even if ur a guy, i would, ur amazing. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Same shoes are 15€ in China. _EVERY_ pair of shoes is 15€ in china. Even less if you know what to do.

Hand crafted in italy me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

bijoux was the name of that poster

check this out www.bijouxjewelers.com
    my god, thats some good sleuthing skills there. :rolleyes:

Underwear and skirts have come down a lot. :-)

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Underwear and skirts have come down a lot. :-)

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

zuroph wrote: »
    my god, thats some good sleuthing skills there. :rolleyes:

why thank u! i know she is full of s**t she is probaly 12 with a copy of vouge beside her that she robbed out of the vets when she was gettin wormed

Catch bars aswel, the where the cheap bars for 20p now there like 80c WTF
    I can get a bleedin mars bar for that.

• Advertisement

why thank u! i know she is full of s**t she is probaly 12 with a copy of vouge beside her that she robbed out of the vets when she was gettin wormed

Of course thats not my real name, I'm not some idiot, just because I happened to come up with something more original that 'mollydolly271'.

And if that was an attempt at some grade of witty insult, Wilde is turning in his grave.:eek:

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Catch bars aswel, the where the cheap bars for 20p now there like 80c WTF
    I can get a bleedin mars bar for that.

Remember when penny sweets used to be penny sweets :D

Of course thats not my real name, I'm not some idiot, just because I happened to come up with something more original that 'mollydolly271'.

And if that was an attempt at some grade of witty insult, Wilde is turning in his grave.:eek:

yeah yeah laura

yeah yeah laura

Riiiight......if I was laura, wouldn't I be stating the apparent advantages of sweatshops?

Yeah yeah? You originality never ceases to amaze me.:pac:

yeah yeah laura

Thats not my name!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Petrol is twice what it should cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Thats not my name!:eek:

I'm Laura and so is my wife:D

Riiiight......if I was laura, wouldn't I be stating the apparent advantages of sweatshops?

Yeah yeah? You originality never ceases to amaze me.:pac:

split personallity?????????????????????????????maybe

split personallity?????????????????????????????maybe

Oh come on, I'm not Laura, for f**ks sake, just cos I didn't try and rip her a new one doesn't mean that I'm her or that I support her argument.
    Don't insult my intelligence :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:confused:
    foinse wrote: »
    I'm Laura and so is my wife:D

Hmmm.Out of curiousity.Does anybody know what the name of your one in the ting tings actually is!

Advertisement