Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta panel and oil light

Options
  • 09-07-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey Guyes, ford fiesta MK4, the oil light has blown, and I need to change it, dont really wannt bring it to a mechanic because I heard its easy enough to remove panel and repolace bulb, does anyone have any idea how to? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Wouldn't think its easy now, are you mechanical minded and do you have the proper tools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Poobear123 wrote: »
    Hey Guyes, ford fiesta MK4, the oil light has blown, and I need to change it, dont really wannt bring it to a mechanic because I heard its easy enough to remove panel and repolace bulb, does anyone have any idea how to? Thanks!

I wonder could it be a fuse?

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I wonder could it be a fuse?
    Good point but would one fuse cover all the warning lights? Not too sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Poobear123

Dont think it is the fuses, just had the car serviced, there are 2 screws in the panel above and to the front of the speedo, this will remove the plastic covering but then I dont know. Dont wanna break anything else!

When you take out the instrument cluster you will have to strip all that apart. I'd just leave it into a garage if I was you. Its no like changing the normal bulbs in the car. This is complicated.
    RS2000%20Mk6%20Dash%20clocks%20front%20view.jpg
    The back of that has to come and all. Do the rest of the lights work on it?

• Advertisement

Really, man! Might have a looksee! Just spend over 900 E for it to pass NCT and am still a bit bitter! So if anyine can help or direct me to a site or summit!

thanks for the pic, but I might have put the wrong MK on? The lights are right under the tachometer, the oil light brake light n another one the battery i think! The ABS and Engine management light are above it???

Remove the screws you were on about and take away the panal and the then you can see 2 screws on the cluster, remove them and take it out. Disconect the plug and start stripping the back apart, shouldn't be a real bother if youhave your head screwed on.

thanks for the pic, but I might have put the wrong MK on? The lights are right under the tachometer, the oil light brake light n another one the battery i think! The ABS and Engine management light are above it???
    It still sholud be more less the same, just take off them screws you were on about and panals and see.

Stripping the back apart??? I'm gonna try it now when I get home.... wish me luck!

• Advertisement

Good luck and if you get stuck I'll let you know what to do tomorrow. Is it the newest fiesta or the older one?

I got stuck :( Its the older fiesta 2002. I have a real interest in cars and thought I could try get into general repair etc with my car by doing this!!! And man thanks by the way for taking the time to help!

any ideas?

any ideas?
    Where are you stuck, what can't you do?

Removed the 2 screws and it loosens it up but to the left of the panel are the demister buttons, clock etc and it wont come free here cant see othere screws.....

Removed the 2 screws and it loosens it up but to the left of the panel are the demister buttons, clock etc and it wont come free here cant see othere screws.....
    I suppose this is the panal on top of the steering colume? If so just stick a big flat head screw driver in between the top panal the the bottom panal and seperate them apart. You then can be able to see the screws holding the cluster in place. Don't be afraid to pries at them 2 panals;)

Advertisement