Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion problem

Options
  • 09-07-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I start a new game in Oblivion, after about 2 minutes (i.e while I'm still on the character generation screen) the mouse freezing. The game is still running as I can see the character moving and hear the music, but the mouse is completely frozen.

If I ALT TAB out, the mouse works fine in windows.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Does your mouse use a driver? If so, try updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Move your save game data and try re installing it, do you use mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Does your mouse use a driver? If so, try updating it.

Hmm..it works fine with every other games. Games much newer than Oblivion.
    Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Move your save game data and try re installing it, do you use mods?

Well there is no save game data. I havent gotten as far as saving a game yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Is your machine powerful enough to run it? Oblivion is quite demanding on RAM and graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

• Advertisement

nealmac wrote: »
    Is your machine powerful enough to run it? Oblivion is quite demanding on RAM and graphics.

More than powerful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Haha, fair enough. I was just checking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it a hardware cursor? I'm not sure, but some games have an option in the settings menu to turn on/off the hardware cursor. If you turn it off, it might help (then again, there may not be an option for it, so tough :D )

nealmac wrote: »
    humanji wrote: »
    Is it a hardware cursor? I'm not sure, but some games have an option in the settings menu to turn on/off the hardware cursor. If you turn it off, it might help (then again, there may not be an option for it, so tough :D )

No...I went through the character generation quickly and started playing the game. It frozen in game too.

Its the mouse and keyboard that are freezing. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do you by any chance stop using the mouse and keyboard with you hands and try to control them with your mind? That could be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They're probably falling asleep in anticipation of the boring slogfest that is the story. Try yelling at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I had this problem. It was a USB joystick or something caused the issue. Only supports one HID device if I can remember, but it's a long time ago now.

Advertisement