Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 7 series prices and BMW product update

Options
  • 09-07-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

First of all the prices for the brand new 7 series.

F01:

730d SE €113,750
    740i SE €127,830
    750i SE €149,360

F02:

740Li €132,500
    750Li €153,750

The overwhelming majority of sales will be for the 730d. A V12 petrol 760Li will join the range later, but that will be very much a minority interest obviously. A more powerful diesel will also join the range in time too, which should hopefully make it over to RHD for the very first time.

The new 7 series will probably be the first car with direct injection petrol engines that will meet Euro 5, assuming the A6 facelift doesn't go on sale beforehand. Obviously the diesel meets Euro 5 too.

The next M5 will go back to a V8, it would now seem. It will also be the very first BMW M car to use forced induction. It'll be based on that new direct injection V8 just released in the X6 and new 7 series, but with more power needless to say for the M power application. This is in line with BMW plans for smaller engines with twin turbos and fewer cylinders. Personally I always thought the V8 M5 sounded a million billion times better than the V10 M5, so I don't mind, but I am worried that this reducing cylinders business means that more and more BMW models will only have 4 rather than 6 cylinders. Significantly the new 7 series has twin exhaust pipes for the entry model. This leaves the gap open for a cheaper option, as BMW always offers base models with only one exhaust pipe and these base models have only 4 cylinders. Hopefully I'm wrong but I suspect that when BMW offers a hybrid 7 series next year there may be a 4 cylinder option. I hope I'm wrong though!

And the next generation MINI, FIAT Grande Punto and Alfa MiTo will more than likely share a common platform. BMW and FIAT yesterday confirmed a technical alliance, but so far only MINI will be affected.

There will be engine and platform sharing as well, but we won't know till the end of the year what exactly will happen as for the moment the companies are only in "discussions" and have agreed not to disclose any information to the public about the alliance for the moment.

Advertisement