Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I am interested to visit Dublin and i would like to know what cheap solution should i choose,like some combination of hostel and taking ticket by Ryanair or something.How much the ticket costs if i choose to go from Vienna,what are the costs of hostel and all in all how much money i would need for that kind of visit,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Sounds like you're asking for someone to plan the whole trip for you... Go to Ryan Air's website, and get a price on flights, use Google to search for accomodations...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

try these websites

www.dublin.ie

www.ryanair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

helios wrote: »
    Sounds like you're asking for someone to plan the whole trip for you... Go to Ryan Air's website, and get a price on flights, use Google to search for accomodations...

Not at all,just asking for advice,i dont see why is it bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Well you had already the idea of flying Ryanair and staying in hostels. Probably nothing cheaper available. But prices for flights change from day to day and much depends on day and time you want to go. So only you can check out how much it will be.
    For hostels http://www.hostelworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Coming to Dublin? Try and arrange the cheapest flights that you can to Dublin airport. You can stay in hostels in large dorms for about 18 euro per night per person in the city centre. You can take a bus from the airport to the city centre and walk to your hostel. The bus costs about 2 euro per person per journey. Once in dublin city centre you can walk to almost everywhere you want to go. i recommend you get a bus tickets for the hop on/hop off bus tours (or similar). These are buses on a constant circle of the city that you can "hop on" and "hop off", they visit a number of nice touristy places. Tickets cost about 20 euro.

Restaurants in dublin are known to be expensive and not usually of the quality of continental restaurants (not to say there aren't nice restaurants in dublin, but they aren't cheap). I recommend you go to leo burdocks fish and chips shop in christchurch and get some fish and chips and find somewhere nice to eat them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for advices:)

Except Aerlingus there arent other low cost company flights Dublin-Vienna?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ryanair and Skyeurope operate from Bratislava.

Take a look at this: http://www.dublinairport.com/plan-your-trip/destination_map.html

Yeah i know,Bratislava is very close,but sometimes its just not easy to travel more after flight,especially if you can find direct flights,but its good to know there are some good alternatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wenlock

Isaacs is a good place to stay. The beds start at around 10 euro. It's a nice clean hostel, better than some I've stayed in before and the people there are really nice.

• Advertisement

Actually i saw flights from Budapest can cost 100 euros in 2 ways,thats cheapest i think

Isaacs?Hows it that cheap,coz all i saw was 20 euro cheapest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wenlock

I saw it on their homepage, where it says

"€10 Beds €10 beds in large multi-bed rooms for first 10 beds sold (Sunday – Thursday)."

And it's on the special offers page too. My friends stay here when they come to Dublin for the weekend so it's good to keep an eye out for special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I've heard of people staying in Isaacs and saying it was quite nice. Never stayed in any hostels in Dublin so cant comment on them.

Ryanair flights over and bus into town and a decent enough hostel is all you need.

Probably use these two sites if im going to a city where I didnt know the hostels all ready in:
    hihostels.com
    hostelworld.com

I saw on ryanair web page they fly to Bratislava(Vienna).What this Vienna means,they also go there or?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

More so that they consider it their airport for Vienna I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw on ryanair web page they fly to Bratislava(Vienna).What this Vienna means,they also go there or?
    Vienna is Wien. Ryanair are notorious for using airports far from the advertised city.

Victor wrote: »
    Vienna is Wien. Ryanair are notorious for using airports far from the advertised city.

I know whats Vienna dude i was there:D

So acctually this means they dont have anything with airport there,they just go to Bratislava and thats it

Advertisement