Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Dongle - New XP install problems. Do i need SP2/3

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Software installed fine
    3G on the dongle works fine
    Problem is the software itself isnt detecting the dongle

Please Help.. Old machine 800 mhz 1/2 gig of ram etc. SP1

Its almost impossible for me to DL SP2 on the connection i got atm, disconnects every 15 seconds thats why i want my 3G working

Anythoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

3 threads i posted and not 1 reply while im busting my arse off to help other people :pac::pac::pac:

guess i shudent bother anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ever think that maybe it's just that people don't know the answer? Anyway, I'm fairly sure the SP2 is a requirement for these modems. Get to a net cafe and download SP2 to a memory stick if you can, or do it in college/work/elsewhere. It might help, and if you're going on the Internet, you really shouldn't be still using SP1, way too many open bugs.

How do you know 3G works if you can't get the software to recognise the modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

buy pentium 4pc unit ,2ghz cpu ,100euros on adverts ie,that machine is obsolete, go to netcafe ,download sp2 to usb key,or cdr disk.with out sp2,your pc will be filled with virus,s and spyware.if you can afford to buy a modem then for100euros its worthwhile to buy a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

my good quad core pc is broken down
    GFX card problem
    Thats why im using this piece of scrap in the mean time:)

Advertisement