Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 Car Radio

Options
  • 09-07-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have bought a new car radio for my 2001 Audi A3, and I have installed it fine, apart from one small problem. When I turn off the ignition all of the radio presets are lost. So everytime I get in the car, I have to retune my presets. very annoying. can anone help fix this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you need a permanent live to the stereo

you may need to swap the 12v ignition wire and the permanent 12v wire. some adaptor leads have bullet connectors to make this easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Unclip the red to red and yellow to yellow wires, change them so it's red going to yellow and the other yellow going to red, fixed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

This is the same for any VW/Audi/Skoda/Opel/Vauxhaull car.

Advertisement