Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reinstalling Vista

• 09-07-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi there, quick question, i an formatting my harddrive and i will be reinstalling vista. my question when i register the license again, will it come up saying this license is already in use. So before i do format the drive, do i need to deactivate the license some how and how?

Many thanks

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

if this is the first time you are reinstalling it won't throw up a already in use.
    Only times i have seen that is reinstalling several times per week, just a matter of contacting Ms with your license key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im pretty sure the activation program does some communicating with your hardware setup. with a retail key i dont know but with an OEM definitely - it will make a scan of your hardware to verify its still the same machine. no fuss really. just type in the key from your sticker and youre sorted. With retail I think it still does just for a matter of scrutiny but as the above says, wont throw up any red flags at microsoft unless youre re-activating your license on a frequent basis, likely on multiple pcs (as ID'd by the hardware scan)

on a more file backup note, make sure to manually grab all your My Documents: the Green Folders you see in there are all just SHORTCUTS and not the actual directories - I dont know why they did it that way but they did. During one reformat I just dragged a green folder to my external assuming it carried over my pictures - but it didnt. and i got the 1kb shortcut instead. I missed it because I was copying over so much at once i didnt see the progress bar only took 2 seconds for that drop >_>

Advertisement