Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating my Nuvi 200

• 09-07-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200 with the following maps on it :

City Navigator Europe NT 2008 UK & Ireland Limited- Deluxe

I am travelling to switzerland and germany and italy at the start of August and want to put maps on it that I can use in these places.

I have looked at thew Garmin website and I am probably being stupid but I just cannot figure out how to do it.

If anyone can help I would apreciate it,

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NetBuilder

I'm also considering updating my maps and equally confused. When I look at my unit, even though the maps are meant to be Ireland and UK, I can both look up addresses for European sites and zoom out, scroll across and zoom in to France, Germany, etc. As I'm going to France in 2weeks I need to decide whether to but the European maps, but I can actually see them on the unit. Is this normal? Is this the same on your unit?

NetBuilder

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Yes thats the same on my unit. I can pan across to Europe, zoom in on towns in germany and it has the bare bones of the main roads but nothing else. I cannot do a search or anything in germany though..

If anyone can help me with how to do the actual updates i'd apreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Netbuilder, do you have a 200 or 250? You seem to be implying that when you zoom in on towns in Germany you can see down to the street level - is this correct? If so then if you have a 200 then possibly you had UK & Ireland maps when you bought it (it's a single region model) but then you upgraded the maps and got the whole of Europe. This happened when I upgraded my 300 from V8 to V9 before it was stolen.

DAR_D The 200 doesn't have enough internal memory for the whole of Europe so what you need to buy is the SD Card with Europe maps on it. These are not upgradable so make sure that you're getting the 2008 version before you buy.

Advertisement