Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin nuvi 250

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

This is not possible. Best thing is to set your final destination first and then you add your desired starting point as another destination. It will ask you if you want to make this a new destination or add as a waypoint. Add as a waypoint...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

winediva wrote: »
    I am still stuggling with finding the route between two locations, one of them NOT where I presently am. I found both locations and saved them to favorites but when I say go to, and select the location it takes me from where I am now.
    I guess I need step by step instructions.

Hi winediva, this is how I managed to do it on my unit (610) but I reckon yours shouldn't be much different.
    First of all you'll need to switch off your GPS reciever. Not sure how to do it on your unit but if it has a flip up ariel just leave it down.

Now the tricky part, go to view map on the main screen and press that. You'll now need to find your new starting location, which I presume will be Manchester Airport. Do this by keeping your finger on the screen and sliding your finger, the map will move with your finger. then zoom in and out using the + and - buttons.

Once found press the screen where the airport is until its highlighted, this can be tricky, especially if you've big fingers. Then press set location.Now press the back button, where to and pick out your destination from your favourites. It will then calculate your route from your new location.

I believe you'll have to turn off the GPS ariel or else it just brings you back to where you are.

Let us know if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

winediva wrote: »
    I am still stuggling with finding the route between two locations, one of them NOT where I presently am. I found both locations and saved them to favorites but when I say go to, and select the location it takes me from where I am now.
    I guess I need step by step instructions.
    Hi WineDiva - you CAN set a route between any 2 locations without one of them having to be "here", and then step through it etc to rehearse your journey. The trick is to go into "settings" on the nuvi and then "system" and then "GPS Simulator" - set it to "on".
    Now when you go to "where to?" etc you will find it behaves differently. If you pick one of your Favorites or Recently Found (say), then press "show map" - you will see the location and on the bottom of the screen you will see 3 choices (where there are normally only 2) - you will see "back" "Go!" and "Set Lo" - aha! this is "Set Location" - so click Set Lo - now it "thinks" you are at this location so now go "back", "back" (which brings you back into your Favorite or whatever page) and pick another location. Press "Go" and after it finishes calculating the route it will ask "Do you want to simulate driving this route?"
    If you say "yes" it will start the vehicle symbol driving the route! You can cick the various buttons as you would on a normal journey to see stuff too.
    If you say "no" to simulating the journey it will simply show you the route and you can play with it as usual.

Sorry - this was a bit long-winded as I was clicking my nuvi 250W to check the steps as I wrote. Hope this helps! db.
    PS: don't forget to set the simulator to "off" before you go driving! It does reset to "simulator off" next time you power the unit up anyway.

Advertisement