Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Game To Bot Bash?

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Theres a few good games that i still enjoy destroying the bots in, thats all you could do years ago with the lack of online.

Red Faction- Nothing funnier than setting bots on fire or shooting them with the rail gun

Perfect Dark Zero- You and 3 other mates against all of the bots, Using the sniper rifle without the scope and head shotting them. Playing 'Onslaught' and setting up a defense against the waves of bots.

Dawn of war- You and a mate against a few bots, the odds are against you, but fight on!

Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2-Terrorist hunt...really good craic with mates on the hardest difficulty with a dense amount of them!

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2-Terrorist hunt with 4 mates too, The enemy's come from everywhere! And your mates are getting taken out one by one, its like its harder with more people.

The World Is Not Enough N64- Fighting against the bots on the level with the lifts is hilarious.

Anyone know of any other good games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

counter strike source, private server, 60 bots with expert difficultie... Ahh pistol whipping Fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Quake 3 with bots on Nightmare, use it them keep teh skillz up when not playing against people !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

red alert 2: yuris revenge. 7 bots allied against u on brutal difficulty on arctic circle with super weapns turned on :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

company of heros,best AI around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Ah i left out the Time Splitters games, all brilliant for playing the game mode 'virus', an your holding them off with whatever guns you have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Recently it's been Age of Empires 3... the AI isn't that great though, they just build the same army mix over and over again, forward-build their forts, and they don't even build walls... dunno why I bother come to think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Ross_Mahon wrote: »

Dawn of war- You and a mate against a few bots, the odds are against you, but fight on!

Yes, DoW compstomps can be pretty insane (har har) alright.

Another one that was kinda fun was Perfect Dark on the N64. All the weird alien bots and stuff... Well I enjoyed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

company of heros,best AI around
    Lol, if you find jeep spam difficult to over come.
    The only games I can think of that I ever played against bots were counterstrike (and CSS) and Timesplitters 2 on the xbox. Can't say I particularly enjoyed it though. Especially with the terrible aiming system in Timesplitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

As always the answer is Starcraft.

Gears of War 2 will release on November 7, 2008. 'Horde' mode allows five players to fight off wave, after wave of locust enemies. It looks like the campaign co-op is still two players though, i love being out numbered with the odds against you! :D Cant wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

SantaHoe wrote: »
    Recently it's been Age of Empires 3... the AI isn't that great though, they just build the same army mix over and over again, forward-build their forts, and they don't even build walls... dunno why I bother come to think of it.

Yeah, my friend and I used to play 5 Vs 2 on expert, My laptop couldn't run 6 Vs 2 unfortunately. Twas good craic fending them off but the matches would go on for hours.

Used to have good craic on BF1942 on the beach or berlin map with maximum bots.

Theres also a good mod for halflife 2 called exterminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Alien Vs Predator had that mode. It was fantastic, even when you were playing on your own.

I love Battlefield 2 for the singleplayer game. I used to love playing multiplayer, but after awhile all the fun people stopped playing it, leaving whining kids who just sucked the life out of it. So the bots were much more fun to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ross_Mahon wrote: »

This is good fun. As is Total Annihilation.

humanji wrote: »
    Alien Vs Predator had that mode. It was fantastic, even when you were playing on your own.

I love Battlefield 2 for the singleplayer game. I used to love playing multiplayer, but after awhile all the fun people stopped playing it, leaving whining kids who just sucked the life out of it. So the bots were much more fun to play against.

You can get a mod for 128 Bots on the maps along with a Co-op mod, So you and your mate can bot fly around in jets both bashing.

Advertisement