Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17 rimfire rifle

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hello all,only new to this so hopefully this is in the right section,i would love to hear your opinions on the .17 rimfire rifle,has many of you shot one and what was the best range for it,i mean over what distance did you get,i hear so much about them and would love to hear what you all have to say about them.
    thanks again
    earthmover:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Great gun IMO as they have a very flat trajectory which has lead to people criticise them as a point and shoot gun!!:confused: But thats what any hunter wants:)
    Definitely a rabbit gun IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Great gun IMO as they have a very flat trajectory which has lead to people criticise them as a point and shoot gun!!:confused: But thats what any hunter wants:)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

+1 and throw in the occasional fox at reasonable range as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 earthmover

thanks lads,now i am thinking of getting a .22-250 and i want to find out a bit of information on it,i,ve had a look around the local gun dealers and now i have come across a number of different types of rifle ranging from the .222,.223 and the swift,now what i want to know is what are these rifles like to shoot,what distance would you get out of them for a clean kill,

• Advertisement

earthmover wrote: »
    thanks lads,now i am thinking of getting a .22-250 and i want to find out a bit of information on it,i,ve had a look around the local gun dealers and now i have come across a number of different types of rifle ranging from the .222,.223 and the swift,now what i want to know is what are these rifles like to shoot,what distance would you get out of them for a clean kill,

What do you intend using this rifle for, where do you intend using it, have you secure storage, have you ever had fireams before ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 earthmover

yes Bunnyshooter,i have had guns for the last 15 years,and i have permission to shoot all over the country,and i want to use it for fox mainly,as the CZ .22 is ok for them at a easy range but not them who stand out of firing range of the .22,so the licence is no problem,its just which 22-250 or .223 to go for.
    D.

In my area either requires mon alarm etc

Advertisement