Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu drinks on Wed 6th August

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Who started knacker drinking? Twould be brilliant if we pull this through although the chances are very slim.
    So the Mercantiles it is, btw there should be a forum dedicated for "meet ups"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Who started knacker drinking? Twould be brilliant if we pull this through although the chances are very slim.
    I dunno...I dont think it could be pulled off either tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

LadyE wrote: »
    I dunno...I dont think it could be pulled off either tbh :)

Blasphemurs!

Everyone bring a few cans and we'll have a few on the boardwalk first!

Edit: Just been informed it on quays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

There is an events forum under sys on the top right...

Wilburt wrote: »
    There is an events forum under sys on the top right...
    using my phone :) a bit slow, would check it out though.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I heard from a first hand witness that Friday last was good. I was thinking of going in this Friday and now a pal has texted to say he is having a few birthday drinks in the Mercantile, so that's two excuses to go. So, see you on Friday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

kaimera wrote: »
    wow...only in AH would knacker drinking be arranged.

/waits for thread by knackers complaining about boardsies...

Knacker drinking was first suggested in the South County Dub forum I think. I think it's a great idea! Whoever suggested the beach is a genius too. Cans and the beach - 2 of my favourite things :p

We could have a boards picnic at the beach!

...I love random drinking ideas :rolleyes:

As MIN said though, we need music too. Who's got a boombox/ghettoblaster? :D

So D2 this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So D2 this week?

Took you long enough to find the thread!

I'm in.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Last I checked there was no beach in D2 :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hang on it was the mercantile, now D2? TBH I prefer D2. Airy and stuff outside. Then again if it rains....

Phlann wrote: »
    Last I checked there was no beach in D2 :p

We would all love the beach but feck it, how the hell would we pull that off???

Wibbs; D2 makes sense... outdoor for smoking etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's what I reckon. D2 FTW. A lot less stuffy for a get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Anyone wanna point out where D2 is? i ain't heard of it before...either that or bleh nvm some directions would be nice though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Anyone wanna point out where D2 is? i ain't heard of it before...either that or bleh nvm some directions would be nice though :)

Its on harcourt street :) Just up from Stephens Green

ash xxx wrote: »
    Its on harcourt street :) Just up from Stephens Green
    Only a 20 min walk from home...nice :)

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Only a 20 min walk from home...nice :)

Cheers!!

Well for some, a taxi for me costs 30 yoyos home :(:( God damnit, I hate living in the sticks. :(

ash xxx wrote: »
    Well for some, a taxi for me costs 30 yoyos home :(:( God damnit, I hate living in the sticks. :(
    living in the city centre has its benefits :p

a club would be loud and not all would get in. anyone got a free gaff:D?

Whoop, plenty of parking along there. D2 though... We don't have to wear mini skirts and stilettos though do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Aye, would a club not be a bit crap for a beers? Loud music so not very social, and generally shouty and dancey?

The smoking area in D2 isn't too loud. I'm not a fan of the place but the smoking area is pretty cool :o

Maybe so, but not all of us would be smokers :) Loud music = almost impossible to talk and understand any reply you get...i hate that

D2 gives you a choice though. Chill outside or dance downstairs. Mercantile gives you sweat and little else by comparison.

Ah well i'm sure it'll be another experience to chalk up on the board then...

Wibbs wrote: »
    D2 gives you a choice though. Chill outside or dance downstairs. Mercantile gives you sweat and little else by comparison.

Very True! D2 has what 5 floors... so ye can wander away

Aspiration; crowd there would be people who work in the area(after work drinks) so don't worry bout mini skirts etc

Very True! D2 has what 5 floors... so ye can wander away

Aspiration; crowd there would be people who work in the area(after work drinks) so don't worry bout mini skirts etc

And it wasnt bad the last time we were in it :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

a club would be loud and not all would get in. anyone got a free gaff:D?

Me. Right beside D2 actually.

But if ya think I'm inviting a bunch of hideously misshapen internets to my gaff you're mistaken :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

What's all this talk of D2?

We're knacker drinking and that's final. I'm putting my foot down.