Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu drinks on Wed 6th August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What's all this talk of D2?

We're knacker drinking and that's final. I'm putting my foot down.

*raises eyebrow*

orly? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wilburt wrote: »
    *raises eyebrow*

orly? :mad:
    YA RLY, and bring cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Phlann wrote: »
    Me. Right beside D2 actually.

But if ya think I'm inviting a bunch of hideously misshapen internets to my gaff you're mistaken :pac:

Hmm.... never say never!
    I don't think Fuzzylogic meant to take boardsies' to his gaff(in Maynooth) last friday....

And RonnyMitchel STFU... all talk and no action! Are you coming this friday... and you know we can't do knackerdrinking.... no where! We would be caught!
    Nice idea, tbh i wish we could do this but we can't pity :(

Yeah, I'm coming on Friday. And if we have to go to a "building" and drink "indoors", then so be it, but I'm still going to get a can in the shop and drink it on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Ronny, we'll organise knacker drinking for another night- doesn't look the rest of the boardsies are interested :D

But this Fri night looks like D2. We can make it as fun as knacker drinking!

Aspiration wrote: »
    But this Fri night looks like D2. We can make it as fun as knacker drinking!

Good idea, we can sneak in booze. :)

hehehehe

better bring in a badge! Should be there bout 8pm... i reckon you have someone's number? Anyways we would talk more before friday:D

Well I'll be driving but if you sneak in the cans, I'll sneak in the ghettoblaster lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

DJ_Spider set up a thread with a poll to decide on the venue, the 2 votes so far were for D2 :D So go vote already!

*runs to events forum...*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you's may need to book d2 if you's wanted an area to yourselves, not forgetting it will be a friday and all.

Dunno if there'll be enough of us to warrant actually booking anywhere, surely we can build a fortress out of chairs and tables, then focus our energies on keeping non-boardsies out? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

D2 Has no bath I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What happened to the plan of going to the place on Dame Street?

D2 is a fecking dive and like other have pointed out the music is normally to loud to talk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

D2 gives more choice of where to hang out as there are different levels and of course the nightclub attached for getting all boogie like. Much better bet than the mercantile IMHO.

In fairness i don't remember any difficulty talking to people last time we were in D2, maybe you're jsut not loud and obnoxious enough? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

In fairness i don't remember any difficulty talking to people last time we were in D2, maybe you're jsut not loud and obnoxious enough? ;)
    I can be loud, not obnoxious but loud i can do, just for you :p

That's what i'm talking about!!! :D

And I promise not to refer to you as "Master of Silence"....although that is a pretty cool name....maybe I could register it and we could be boards nemesi(e?)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Aspiration wrote: »
    Ronny, we'll organise knacker drinking for another night- doesn't look the rest of the boardsies are interested

Reckon I'll bide my time until the knacker drinking becomes an option again. Seems the board members would rather drink in yuppy dens than out in the great outdoors. :eek:

The world is my pub.

Phlann wrote: »
    The world is my pub.

That's quite unlucky, as the world is my urinal :P

Aw man, I eat there! Come on. I mean the world? Seriously? Where else am I supposed to serve dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Mercantile is only good for one reason: it's small, and people can't stray. You goto D2, and unless you're in the cliche and know everyone, goodbye.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Funny I thought the mercantile felt more cliquey. Mad or wha?:D

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny I thought the mercantile felt more cliquey. Mad or wha?:D
    No, not cliquey, he said "unless you're in the cliche". Completely different altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The Mercantile would be far better. Need I say more?

Flukey wrote: »
    The Mercantile would be far better. Need I say more?
    Say no more. Mercantile ftw!

Pity.... maybe next week, it should be different locations every week:)

Right, we're goign to teh Mercantile, final decision. So make whatever plans need making :D

...So now it's the Mercantile? I should keep an eye out on the poll...

/runs to the events forum

Too many choices...

I might just shave instead :(