Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu drinks on Wed 6th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I know of a castle .. but there are people living in it so unless they wanna join us in a few cans It could be difficult. Its right besdie golf courses too so that can be two birds with one stone if needs be.

My house is beside a park which does feature swings and other such fun things. But the park closes at night and the rabbits take over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I know of a castle .. but there are people living in it so unless they wanna join us in a few cans It could be difficult. Its right besdie golf courses too so that can be two birds with one stone if needs be.

My house is beside a park which does feature swings and other such fun things. But the park closes at night and the rabbits take over :(
    I think we have had this conversation before; you live in a posh area that would alert the gards when they see a bunch of weird interweb people drinking and dancing...

Just also thought the music would be crazy, everyone has diff tastes...

Am still up for knacker drinking and sleeping in tents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Wincest's house is besides a beach... we'd be sorted!

MIN, I know I have loads of phobias! :p

Greystones could be fun!

Where I live is in the dangerous areas .... I swears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

He's not lying you know, his couch swallowed me up and I had to spend a good 5 minutes looking for a bus stop in that darned area!

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »
    He's not lying you know, his couch swallowed me up and I had to spend a good 5 minutes looking for a bus stop in that darned area!
    Did I not tell you were they were? Its like back out at the main gates and across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah I got there! But I also got REALLY confused at that security point thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Jaysis...gates! Security points?! Who's a posh cnut? :pac:

It's not my fault we need to keep the degenerates out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

TROGDOOOOOOOR!!!

TROGDOOOOOOOR!!!

BURNINATING THE COUNTRYSIDE!

BURNUNATING ALL THE PEASANTS!

BURNINATING ALL THE PEOPLE!

IN THEIR THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGEEES!!

THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!!

AND THE TROGDOR HE COMES IN THE NIIIGHHT!!
    It's not my fault we need to keep the degenerates out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

LadyE
    Min
    Aspiration
    Mirror
    RedXIV
    Spankeh
    Orestes
    David TG
    FunkZ

fonpokno.

I may come to this. Just because it would be hilarious. and I've never been knacker drinking before in my life ever! :)

fonpokno wrote: »
    LadyE
    Min
    Aspiration
    Mirror
    RedXIV
    Spankeh
    Orestes
    David TG
    FunkZ

fonpokno.

I may come to this. Just because it would be hilarious. and I've never been knacker drinking before in my life ever! :)
    Oh wow! Words cannot describe the awesome! :D

Awesome of knacker dirinking?

I prefer my nice warm apartment. But Sitting in a field or on a beach is good fun, dont get me wrong. Just poviding its not too wet and windy :pac:

Awesome of knacker dirinking?

I prefer my nice warm apartment. But Sitting in a field or on a beach is good fun, dont get me wrong. Just poviding its not too wet and windy :pac:
    Well I agree, but when we look back on the days of knacker drinking, we choose to remember that one day (we all had it) that was just sweet :D

I think I have more now than I did when I was on a golf course at 3 in the morning in the rain, but speak for yourself :D

I think I have more now than I did when I was on a golf course at 3 in the morning in the rain, but speak for yourself :D
    Yes, but I was talking exclusive of nights spent in a field.

Anything to recapture the youth! :D

Is that a glowstick?

/jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

A friend just mentioned that we are not allowed to drink publicly???? Can we drink on the beach/ in a field/park????

MIN2511 wrote: »
    A friend just mentioned that we are not allowed to drink publicly???? Can we drink on the beach/ in a field/park????
    All are considered public. Only houses/private land is allowed. This is why I PM's LadyE :P

• Advertisement

Min, drinking in a public place (beach/park etc..) is an official offence which is the fun of it. We need to go somewhere that has 1 garda in the whole village. ...Like Ballycotton, Co. Cork or something :p

Imagine them trying to catch 15 boardsies :D

Mirror wrote: »
    Is that a glowstick?

/jealous
    Traffic Cone.

After carrying it for 45minutes down the hill and across the golf course I nearly lost it when we started to slip into a reservoir and had to make a quick retreat from a watery demise :3

MIN2511, drinking publically in the street or any public lands is illegal. Only private lands/houses would be allowed. I've have drink poured out infront of my eyes before :(

If the container the alcohol is in is cover they can't do anything.
    There MUST BE SURE it alcohol and can't search you either.

I've drank whiskey from a watered out chopped tomato can while walking done the street before....

Also I think we should prefect to make it legal to drink on the streets like it is in Germany..... I didn't see one fight and any of the crap you see around town in Ireland when I was over there.
    Aspiration wrote: »
    Min, drinking in a public place (beach/park etc..) is an official offence which is the fun of it. We need to go somewhere that has 1 garda in the whole village. ...Like Ballycotton, Co. Cork or something :p

Imagine them trying to catch 15 boardsies :D

We've had cans taken off us before and I know quite a few lads who have been searched?

Were people wondering why you were drinking chopped tomatoes?? :p

Where I work here it doesnt really matter. There's a *nice* old man who sits outside the chipper with several cans of dutch gold every day from mid morning till mid afternoon.

He's great fun by the looks of things.

Where I work here it doesnt really matter. There's a *nice* old man who sits outside the chipper with several cans of dutch gold every day from mid morning till mid afternoon.

He's great fun by the looks of things.
    "While there is no national legislation prohibiting drinking in public, each local authority area is entitled to pass bye-laws prohibiting the consumption of alcohol in a public place. Contact your local authority to find out about these bye-laws in your area."

Source: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/criminal-law/criminal-offences/alcohol_and_the_law

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Aspiration wrote: »
    We've had cans taken off us before and I know quite a few lads who have been searched?

I was drinking at the Spanish Arch in Galway once when I was about 18 and a guard took my bag of cans off me and threw it in the Corrib!

I wish I'd had a camera to record the look on his face when I mentioned that there was a €150 fine for littering and asked for his name.

But that stuff hardly ever happens if you're over the age of 18, mostly they just ask you to move along.

I vote for the Phoenix Park Tunnel they'll need find us there.....

Mirror wrote: »
    "While there is no national legislation prohibiting drinking in public, each local authority area is entitled to pass bye-laws prohibiting the consumption of alcohol in a public place. Contact your local authority to find out about these bye-laws in your area."

Dublin Corpo' love the drinking in public.
    Or else they just dont approach certain people who do it...

• Advertisement

Dublin Corpo' love the drinking in public.
    Or else they just dont approach certain people who do it...
    I had similar suspicions... ¬_¬

Advertisement