Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu drinks on Wed 6th August

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

The Don wrote: »
    Well the last place that was said in the thread in TLL was the oval

Somebody will probably make sure tomorrow sometime.

Ah I dont mind sure, tell me were to go and Im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Ah I dont mind sure, tell me were to go and Im happy.

Thats the kind of attitude I like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah people, woolshed it is for tomorrow?

Pity i can't make it... Heading out with mates, ah sure hope ye have fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I fully endorse this camping idea and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Just saw where this camping thing is gonna be. Me thinks I could walk to it, ha ha ha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Yeah Guys, I won't be able to make this weekend either... My friends brother is coming up from Cork.

Have a good night though!

I'm well up for a camping trip though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

RedXIV wrote: »
    Been doing my research and found a legit (boooo!) camping site here

Serviced by bus route and all we gotta do is book numbers and we're sorted. All in favour?*

* more than two in favour will be enough to encourage me LadyE to organise this

Why dublin guys? What about wexford or somewhere like that? Iv a car id bring a few down in mine and im sure others have!

Theres great camp sites by the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Alright guys, rollcall time!

The Ladies Loungers are heading to The Savoy with drinks after in The Oval @ 9.30pm TONIGHT

Here's the list from their thread.

Cinema - The Savoy 7.55pm
    1. Jemmy
    2. JaneyMc
    3. Moonspell
    4. Cazlou

Drinks - The Oval 9.30pm
    1. zAbbo
    2. Nicknax
    3. Cremo (maybe)
    4. Fonpokno
    5. Spankeh
    6. Cmol
    7. The Don
    8. Monkeyfudge maybe
    9. TirEoghain maybe

Anyone wanting to add themselves to the list, just quote the Drinks bit, and add your name...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Jemmy wrote: »
    Why dublin guys? What about wexford or somewhere like that? Iv a car id bring a few down in mine and im sure others have!

Theres great camp sites by the beach!

I'm from wexford and would love to do that. But the car thing is the problem. First impromtu beers was me, eddie.fandango, dolphinuis and Kold. Ended up with 20+ showing up. so if we organise it and all of a sudden we've too many people, how do you decide who gets left behind? this is why we use public transport, that way EVERYONE can come :D

Unless you want to make it exclusive? in which case, as long as i get a lift, i don't care?

Well maybe first come first serve basis with the cars, then everyone else who wants to go can just get public transport?

Well zabbo your vey organised! I know i started the night but glad you've taken over! :p

Yea buses to wexford are easily got and sure its no distance from there!
    Even gorey would do theres some along the coast there! Or brittas in wicklow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Sure **** camping in Wexford, yis should all book cheap flights and come to Amsterdam with me on the 8th of August. G'wan!

I'll pay for your mushrooms ;)

Jemmy wrote: »
    Well zabbo your vey organised! I know i started the night but glad you've taken over! :p

Yea buses to wexford are easily got and sure its no distance from there!
    Even gorey would do theres some along the coast there! Or brittas in wicklow!

ummmm i'm from Gorey, it doesn't have a coastline :D

Courtown maybe? if you were gonna go camping in wexford though, you want Curracloe, best spot for camping.

Courtown maybe? if you were gonna go camping in wexford though, you want Curracloe, best spot for camping.

Meh for Coutown! Itll be full of people, want place where not many around so we can make noise? Curracloe is loverly.

Well not gorey exactly but we used to go to a place down near there and we turned left arounf there i think! Was only young!

Em morriscastle?! :o

Morriscastle is also nice, don't think its that busy anymore!

never been to morriscastle..... can't give it a rating so. We really need to nail down an idea though. otherwise we're gonna end up just bouncing camping spots off each other

I think everyone going should just get public transport, it's fun! I'd go anywhere as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

FunkZ wrote: »
    I think everyone going should just get public transport, it's fun! I'd go anywhere as well :)

What weekend is it supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Conchubar

Would like to go along for a beer this evening.
    How would I recognise the boards crew?

Usually the really odd looking bunch. Know the way people who go out together dress the same etc? yup, not boardsies. you'll get classy folk like the girls and scruffy bast**ds like me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

. you'll get classy folk like the girls

We are the unsung heros of boards. Or rather the unsung socially functioning heros of boards.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Conchubar

Usually the really odd looking bunch. Know the way people who go out together dress the same etc? yup, not boardsies. you'll get classy folk like the girls and scruffy bast**ds like me :D

Ah I see, I will have to bring my Inspector Poirot mystery solving skills to bear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Conchubar, give one of the boardsies your number and they can collect you outside :)

We are the unsung heros of boards. Or rather the unsung socially functioning heros of boards.:D

ehhhhhh don't get ahead of yourself there lass, ye look well but let's face it, you haven't got a patch on the guys ;)

Aspiration wrote: »
    Conchubar, give one of the boardsies your number and they can collect you outside :)

If you want a number, i'll send ya mine (coz everyone has it at this stage) but i won't be out till after half 9 showing of batman. might be a bit late for ya :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Is there a place nailed down for tongiht...dress code and stuff?

ehhhhhh don't get ahead of yourself there lass, ye look well but let's face it, you haven't got a patch on the guys ;)

Ah I sense some sort of Grease musical Boards battle about to happen :cool:

LadyE wrote: »

Dress codes? Arghhh. I want to wear my Nike tracksuit :(

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ah I sense some sort of Grease musical Boards battle about to happen :cool:

got my leather jacket and comb ;) ready when the girls are.

WANTED: 3 other males with choreography skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Conchubar wrote: »
    Would like to go along for a beer this evening.
    How would I recognise the boards crew?
    pm sent
    LadyE wrote: »

The oval, smart/casual

Advertisement