Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us your desktop

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Mine, had to resize, imageshack didn't like my 3360x1050 screenshot :P

newwk9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

How can you use your toolbar on the right hand side, it feels un-natural if its not on the left screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

NewPicture-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How can you use your toolbar on the right hand side, it feels un-natural if its not on the left screen :(
    You'd think that until you realise Oh Hey I'm Right-handed.

All I have on my desktop is the Recycling bin, the picture of the week and the moo0 System Monitor. Taskbar on the right.

I used to put stuff on the desktop until I realised it was bad for my productivity - I'd always be looking for something to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Well I use the left screen for all my full screen apps, so right is the best :)

Whats the m00 system monitor Overheal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

@Ubaroo What is the name of your system monitor app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My bland, boring desktop:

desktop-1.jpg?t=1232911202

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Well I use the left screen for all my full screen apps, so right is the best :)

Whats the m00 system monitor Overheal?
    http://www.moo0.com/?top=http://www.moo0.com/software/SystemMonitor/%23SystemMonitor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

desktoppzd6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Here's mine - I like it to be clutter free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SolarNexus wrote: »
    looks good. a bit on the dark side, and too busy for my tastes, but each to their own.

heres my dual monitor setup, i really like it... its got a good message too :p

What are those sidebar widgets you're using - they look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

here is mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

donmeister wrote: »
    @Ubaroo What is the name of your system monitor app?

Its a widget, you can find it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

I've just a simple desktop...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Here's my desktop.
    mydesktop-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I like my low resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

lol, everyone is starting to use the neon widgets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Heres my current work one. (Start bar is on auto-hide.)

desk0.jpg

My laptop one.

desk1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

lol, everyone is starting to use the neon widgets now.

I might but does it mean I have to install Yahoo's spyware apps like the toolbar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

The guy wrote: »
    I might but does it mean I have to install Yahoo's spyware apps like the toolbar?

Its gives you the option to in the install,but just untick everything,thats what I did,happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ubaroo wrote: »
    My Desktop:

VZaq.jpg

Ubaroo, where did you get that lcd sign at the bottom of your screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Ta Da! And yes, I know my hard drive shortcut reads "Steve's hard"...

Untitled-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Branoic wrote: »
    Here's my desktop.
    mydesktop-1.jpg

Hey man where'd you get that theme?

attachment.php?attachmentid=72780&stc=1&d=1234491350

Moo0 System Monitor and Moo0 Right-Click

No the artwork isnt my own :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My desktop, clutter free and vista free :pac:

3281832794_23a5e8e983_b_d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

guys does anyone know where you can get skins to change say the windows logo and border?? I have seen the likes of AlienWare and movie themes but don't know where to get them, thanks

guys does anyone know where you can get skins to change say the windows logo and border?? I have seen the likes of AlienWare and movie themes but don't know where to get them, thanks
    Try the Stardock website. What you're looking for is WindowBlinds. Not free, but I hear very good things.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overheal wrote: »
    Try the Stardock website. What you're looking for is WindowBlinds. Not free, but I hear very good things.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

Beware of stardock. Some people say good things,i've had good experiences the odd time,but the bad outweighs the good. I've had to dig deep to get rid of stardock stuff that was messing up my laptop. That said,their stuff looks great,if your lucky enough for it to work properly.

how long ago? Theyre running that Impulse thing now. Its pretty much Stardock-Steam. Not that im a fan of it, it seems like a bit of a hog, though thanks to Stardock philosophy you dont need it running in any capacity to run stardock software: you only need to dust it off when you want to perform updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overheal wrote: »
    how long ago? Theyre running that Impulse thing now. Its pretty much Stardock-Steam. Not that im a fan of it, it seems like a bit of a hog, though thanks to Stardock philosophy you dont need it running in any capacity to run stardock software: you only need to dust it off when you want to perform updates.

Few months back was when i cleansed my laptop of all stardock stuff. An extremely altered version of object dock runs a dream,but that defeats the purpose of it really,having to do loads of coding and haxoring yourself. Plus its more than likely illegal. Stardock has burned me repeatedly in the past,so i just use their site for wallpapers now.

Advertisement