Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Type R Insurance.....

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi lads im just new to this im looking at buying a 99 honda civic type r ek9,
    i am 20 and have a full licence and 1ncb, i have the money to buy it in all but im after ring a load of insurance company's and i cant get insured off no one, can any one help me out,

thanks for reading!!:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Insurance companies _cant_ refuse to insure you afaik, it's against laws, or rights, or some such.

There's more info in another thread on here..

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055295076

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Try Brittons they insure people a lot of the time when no one else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

insurance companies CAN legally not quote you if they dont want to. this myth has been floating around here a lot and my friend works for an insurance company and told me thats bs.

as for trying to get insured on a ek9 at 20, even with ur full licence, all type r's are blacklisted cars for insurance companies. especially at 20 years old.

i think u will be doin well to get insured.

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

All you need is 3 refusal letters and the original company legally Has to quote you.

If your still having hassle obtaining a quote contact www.iif.ie They'l tell you the same thing though.

The only problem is the quote may be high,but it cant be stupidly unreasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eireal wrote: »
    All you need is 3 refusal letters and the original company legally Has to quote you.

If your still having hassle obtaining a quote contact www.iif.ie They'l tell you the same thing though.

The only problem is the quote may be high,but it cant be stupidly unreasonable

Well i think you will have alot more chances to insure scooby then any honda, not even type-r are in black list, but all hondas, no matter is it civic or accord.

On the ather hand, i got letter from brition, they qouted me for something last year for 5.6k eu, this year they offer me 1.5k.... so 1 year ncb can may differ alot m8.

I wait now for 1 more ncb , and then go to insurance companys to qoute s14 and scooby, hopefully i will get those insured. But i dont even expect to get qoute for any honda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭keno88

thanks for the info lads, i was think about getting the civic insured by my ma and get open insurance with quinn to drive any one's car on a 3rd party basic would that work???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

keno88 wrote: »
    thanks for the info lads, i was think about getting the civic insured by my ma and get open insurance with quinn to drive any one's car on a 3rd party basic would that work???

if they found out you were actually the main driver of the car your insurance would be void, very risky, they'll look into too as soon as they see a type r insured in your mothers name and you with an open policy on an easily insured car.

if you cant afford insurance in your own name then your just gonna have to do what everyone else does and build up your ncb.

try what eireal says though, it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Be wary of the open insurance clause,i know your probably dieing for the car and would do anything to get it but dont burn yourself in the process.

If (hopefully not) you caused an accident with open drive and your only third party,if say the car was wrote off,the bill for repair of your car is left to you.Also if the car is stolen in your care your not covered,its just something to be aware of and personally it'd put me off.

Try the refusal way first and see how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

You'd be better off getting an SiR i'd say myself, you'd save a packet. Still, a Type R's a Type R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

i can get online quotes on ctr's, i'm 19 with a full licence and 1 years NCB. it's mad money but i can get quotes none the less, saying that it would cost exactly the same to insure an ek9 type r as it would to insure an ek4 sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well if you really whant that car, just have some patient, and biuld up atleast 1 more ncb. Just get some bucket for 1k eu, which you could scrap after 1 year.

But for love of god, dont go for look a likes m8. You will spend fortune, and in 1 year you will be kicking your own PyP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

p-nut wrote: »
    i can get online quotes on ctr's, i'm 19 with a full licence and 1 years NCB. it's mad money but i can get quotes none the less, saying that it would cost exactly the same to insure an ek9 type r as it would to insure an ek4 sir

Who are you getting the quotes off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

try 123.ie

Advertisement