Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC - thoughts?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It looks very nice. I don't know much about fans and cooling equipment but everything else on there looks good. What monitor do you have, I can't see one in there? I probably wouldn't have went with a blu-ray because I'd doubt I'd have much use for it but if you do use it then it's worth it.

As for the build log, I think I speak for everyone here when I say yes, make the build log. Nothing like a good build log to get the auld geekiness flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

It looks very nice. I don't know much about fans and cooling equipment but everything else on there looks good. What monitor do you have, I can't see one in there? I probably wouldn't have went with a blu-ray because I'd doubt I'd have much use for it but if you do use it then it's worth it.

As for the build log, I think I speak for everyone here when I say yes, make the build log. Nothing like a good build log to get the auld geekiness flowing.

thanks!

the monitor is the special part y'see... its a 50" HDTV that I got last year, its been begging for something special. can you imagine crysis on that... *drools*. sorry im getting ahead of myself.

as for the log... cool, I'll be sure to un-break my camera, or steal someone elses when everything comes :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Personally I would prefer a monitor over a tv. Much more pixels crammed into a much smaller space make for a much sharper image saying that I'm still fookin' jealous. Just seen your edit. Man that's one pricey case. I hope it was worth it.

Personally I would prefer a monitor over a tv. Much more pixels crammed into a much smaller space make for a much sharper image saying that I'm still fookin' jealous. Just seen your edit. Man that's one pricey case. I hope it was worth it.

lol so do I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

SolarNexus wrote: »
    Edit: looking at other posts, im almost scared to mention the cost, but i'd say around the 1500 mark including that whopper of a case (nearly 400 alone) is close enough. my pockets are already burning.

€400 for a case, are you nuts or just loaded? :D It does look like a nice case tho. Your build seems well balanced price/performance wise apart from that case of course.

• Advertisement

SolarNexus wrote: »
    lol so do I
    It would want to give blowjobs on demand for that price.

*check specs of the case*

Hmm, what do you know it actually does.

It would want to give blowjobs on demand for that price.

*check specs of the case*

Hmm, what do you know it actually does.

lmao, i wish :rolleyes:

its a good looking case, completely aluminium with some nice features. im hoping it'll last, at the weight and cost of the fecker, you'd think so. I'm hoping the heat transfer and sound dampening will mean for a relatively cool and quiet pc.

Oh and as for the blu-ray thing, well I backup so much that DVD's arent big enough to hold it all and I only have so much space - so the option becomes, should i regularly buy cheap hard disks or bluray dvd's. bluray won out.

* oh, and i edited the original post with links to stuff

sink wrote: »
    €400 for a case, are you nuts or just loaded? :D It does look like a nice case tho. Your build seems well balanced price/performance wise apart from that case of course.

a little from column a... a little from... :p

nah, its just all other HTPC cases really dont look the part to me. this one really REALLY does; i spent alot of time brainwashing myself into believieng it was an investment lol

I have to admit, that case really does look the part. It'll probably last you a few builds so it'll kinda justify the price a bit.

Advertisement