Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonball

Options
  • 10-07-2008 2:39am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So who has watched it all? Draganball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT. Stand up and be counted. Just watched the 153 eps of Dragonball and the first four films, moving on to the rest next. It's so awful but so good, dragonball was much more about comedy than the later series.

Goku as a child in the fourth film. 'Hey that looks like a good place to put my head'. Lies down on the sleeping bulmas crotch, is shocked that she has no balls , starts hitting her crotch saying 'where do you put your balls, and pulls off her...anyway, the scene continues.

So have you watched it or would never touch it with a pole?
    I don't know why I love it, did it get anybody else into anime? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wouldn't want to get your hopes up high, you will hate it like most. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always enjoyed it.

Toriyama's character designs are excellent. And the whole time travel plot was really well handled.

It all went a bit crap with the Buu sagas though.

Oh and I guess it would have been Robotech that got me into Anime... but that's going back a long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I haven't seen avatar, maybe after the 350 remaining DB episodes I'll watch it. Hehe

Love the character design in it too, used to draw the characters out quite accurately for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I have watched it all. Its the good kind of cheese. Mozarella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Ohhhhhh man.
    Thsi should be in the "all things retro" forum.
    That is going back yonks!
    Got me into anime, no question.
    Never watched dragonball but seen all of Z and GT.
    Gt suzorz tbqh.

35 eps into DBZ, now, ah the memories.

it's over 9000!!!!

:)

So when are you emant to watch each film, after what sagas and so on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I couldn't watch DB, too much cheese and too many episodes.

The guy wrote: »
    I couldn't watch DB, too much cheese and too many episodes.

You sir are a winner! (at failing)

The guy has outed himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

You sir are a winner! (at failing)

The guy has outed himself!

I watched Naruto, that was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I recently watched all of the Dragonball episodes. It’s pretty childish but I couldn’t stop watching it. I tried to move onto DBZ once I had done but after a few episodes I lost interest. Probably better for me, I’ve got time to watch other shows instead now!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

Hi,

I watched all DB and DBZ, not the GT episodes 'cause there are all made-up episodes, Toriyama never wrote that part. So please don't bother with the GT saga.
    Dragon Ball is worth watching though, although I must say I was 8 when I first started to watch it (I'm french, it was on french TV in the 80/90's) and every kids at school loved it.
    The manga (comics) are definitely worth reading, it's even funnier and way faster if you want to go through the whole story (avoiding the filler episodes).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

heh, dragonball and dragonball Z make up an integral part of my childhood. Didn't even know what anime were back then, used to be on cartoon-network everyday right after school.... good times. Still remember the last episode of GT where Goku and Vegeta's ancestors fight each other.

They can get a bit tiring though, the episodes seem to follow the "oh no, that guys too powerful, lets go train, come back big battle" formula. But I suppose a break between each saga would remedy that.

Where is everybody watching them? I've never seen any of them online (haven't looked either)

any of the straming sites, there are a good few, they are even all on youtube but I prefer other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

Omg Memories....

I used to love Vegeta, I love Dragon Ball Z when I was a kid and then started into dragon Ball- Never got far though, they were always jumping all over the place with it on the tv with toonami so didn;t stick with it. I might give it a look now with the streams now tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 prijikn

i think the original budakai 3 is the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Cell saga is my favourite.

Advertisement