Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche charging different rates to diff people

Options
  • 10-07-2008 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi There,

Just wonder what my rights are on this one:

I put my toddler into creche recently, initially I was quoted 1000 for the month but when i was fillling in the forms I was told they had increased to 1100 per month. I assumed this was across the board, now I have heard from a few people who have their kids there (longer than me) that their fees did NOT increase!

Its a lot of money each month but is a good creche. I want to get them to reduce my fee to the original amount as this is what others are paying, surely theres some legality re charging diff amounts for the same service?

I'm afraid though they'll just give me a take it or leave it spiel as the creche is oversubscribed....

Would welcome your comments and advice. I find it difficult to deal with these situations....

Thx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't think there is any obligation for them to charge you lower just because someone else is on a lower price. Think of a shop that has regular customers that gives a discount. Now just because Joe Bloggs gets 10% of all products, doesn't mean you can.

Your right that its unfair, but if they are as oversubscribed as you say then its just the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

I agree with the other poster that you may not be able to do anything but I also think it is worth bringing it up. If you don't ask you don't get :)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I don't know how old your toddler is but creches normally charge more for those under 15 months because of the ratios so more staff required.

Maybe the other parents will have their fees increased shortly. Some places offer a discount for second and subsequent children.

Advertisement