Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 6: Super Besse

Options
  • 10-07-2008 9:15am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, really looking forward to this one. First mountaintop finish. It's a cat 2 climb which means it should the puncheurs as well as the grimpeurs. For those who lost out in the time trial, its an early opportunity to put time back into Evans. I'm thinking particuarly of Cunego, Valverde and about half of CSC. The finish should suit Kim Kirchen and anyone who saw Stefan Schumacher win Amstel Gold last year will know he's well capable of holding on to the yellow jersey today. If I had to pick one guy for the stage win though it would be Ricco.

Oh and lads, if we wanted race commentary, we'd be looking at the Eurosport site. Enough with the spoilers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm going for Cunego or Ricco (both on my fantasy TdF team), but wouldn't be suprised if someone else came out and took it, being the first mountain stage we could see someone go for glory.

It's a pity Soler is out, cos he could have been in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

I'm going for Cunego or Ricco (both on my fantasy TdF team), but wouldn't be suprised if someone else came out and took it, being the first mountain stage we could see someone go for glory.

It's a pity Soler is out, cos he could have been in the mix

I'm going with Sylvain Chavanel. I reckon he'll get in to a break and stay away til the end.

Don't think Ricco really has it at the moment - or maybe he's just holding back - but he doesn't look to be in form to me. Cunego would be in with a great chance alright or Kim Kirchen, but I'm gonna stick with Chavanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i suggest you put some kind of anti spolier message/threat in the ttitle of this thread and in great big red letters in the first post. people :rolleyes:

today is the day for ricco to do me proud. i know that he listed the stages he intends to win to the italian press,one of 'em was d'huez, was this another one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ricco said he isn't going for the overall and instead is targetting stages. Explains why he's been quiet so far.
    niceonetom wrote: »
    i suggest you put some kind of anti spolier message/threat in the ttitle of this thread and in great big red letters in the first post.

Can't edit the title at this stage
    was this another one?

Yes, it was.

i know that he listed the stages he intends to win to the italian press,one of 'em was d'huez, was this another one?

He says an awful lot of things... although he's been very quiet so far for the tour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

every sport needs it mouthy **** as well as the humble ones, volatile ones, stoic ones etc. etc. it gives texture to the experience.

Don't think we need a spoiler message talking about predictions... as long as nobody talks about what's going on on the road...

every sport needs it mouthy **** as well as the humble ones, volatile ones, stoic ones etc. etc. it gives texture to the experience.

Yeah, it's all good -nice to see a bit of personality, what with him goin off, and Mark "I'm the best" Cavendish and all that

Yeah, it's all good -nice to see a bit of personality, what with him goin off, and Mark "I'm the best" Cavendish and all that

I couldn't stand cavendish until that stage in the Giro when he gave Greipel the stage win by letting his wheel go in the lead-out. Now he's a bit easier to take - knowing he will give something back to his team and all that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A bit of bike tossing would liven things up as well.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    A bit of bike tossing would liven things up as well.

Well, I dunno about that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I think Ricco, but one of the Schlecks might have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Despite him playing it down today I fancy Valverde - but wouldn't be suprised if a breakaway suceeded whilst the fav too bust eyeing each other up...outside chance of someone like Voigt/Hincapie...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Is it safe to talk results now?

I reckon it's safe enough now... good on Ricco for getting it, but Valverde is always there or there abouts

Advertisement