Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eL transfer window thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

David myler has signed for Sunderland for €230,000.
    How long was left on his contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

About 18 months. He is only 18 and has not started for the first team in the league, so €230k is a good figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Someone on another board has said Stephen Rice is on the verge of signing for Sporting Fingal for 15,000 unless a Dublin Premier Division team come in for him. Only one person saying it so i'll believe it when i see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dsmythy wrote: »
    Someone on another board has said Stephen Rice is on the verge of signing for Sporting Fingal for 15,000 unless a Dublin Premier Division team come in for him. Only one person saying it so i'll believe it when i see it.

Myself and another poster on Shelsweb posted that weeks ago. Well he won't be going back to Bohs so the only other is Pats and doubt they'll sign him.

Myself and another poster on Shelsweb posted that weeks ago. Well he won't be going back to Bohs so the only other is Pats and doubt they'll sign him.

This guy says Buckley is luring him in on the promise of two more big signings before the window closes. Should know by the end of this week either way.

Theres ambition for ya :rolleyes:

Talk of Zayed leaving Drogs. Destination? TBA. Probably SPA, but don't be surprised to see a few others involved in the race ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

When the Moon(ey) is over the Stadium of Light, Zayed will be on the Turner's Cross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I hope we make a bid for Zayed if he is available.

Quick, strong...would prosper in the big time at the Cross.

Seems Fingal may not be getting Rice after all as i've heard Bohs have invited him for talks about rejoining them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dsmythy wrote: »

Can't see it. He was played (and played well) last night although his body language with PS still didn't seem to be the best afterwards.

Admir Softic leaves Cork City.

back to Bosnia apparently.

:confused:

Des wrote: »
    Admir Softic leaves Cork City.

back to Bosnia apparently.

:confused:

This sounds bad but, Good!

Average player at best. Too slow for EL and lacked technical ability for midfield.

On the contrary, Admir has all the ability in the world, but prefers to look like and talk like a footballer than actually be one. If he worked as hard on the training field as he did in havannas he would be a first teamer.

Were you spying on him?

Nothing wrong with a fella going to town. Although my sister has told me that he throws the pro soccer player line around a bit:D

He wasn't an athlete in the way Colin Healy is, our possesses the technique of a George O'Callaghan.

In a nutshell when he was on the teamsheet it didn't inspire confidence.

It will save the club a few bob.

When I heard on the news that he was leaving City, I was kinda hoping Shels would take him tbh.

I always thought he was decent.

• Advertisement

Were you spying on him?

Of course there is nada wrong with a fella going out on the town. But if you are having a few drinks on a Saturday before a Setanta cup game and are bitching that you are not getting a look in strikes me of utter incompetence and stupidity

In a nutshell when he was on the teamsheet it didn't inspire confidence.

Thats a fact. But th sad thing about that is, we all saw how well he did in the 2 legs against Belgrade a few years ago. He did very well against Shels and Derry that season also. Thats what he is capable of if his attitude was in check. Unfortunately it isn't, so he is bets off gone.

Of course there may be other reasons also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

When I heard on the news that he was leaving City, I was kinda hoping Shels would take him tbh.

I always thought he was decent.

there was a loan offer on the table from kildare at the start of the season but he refused to take it as it wasnt up to his standard. which just shows you where his attitude was at really. he should have gone on loan, proved his ability and then come back and start looking for a place in the city team.

it's a shame, cause as gimmick said, bags of potential, but pissed away whatever chance he had at making a proper go of it in the eL..

ah well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dessie Baker spotted in the beautiful town of Dundalk. Apparently he's signing for us today. Welcome Dessie. You're gonna do well in the 1st Div son.

Pighead wrote: »
    Dessie Baker spotted in the beautiful town of Dundalk. Apparently he's signing for us today. Welcome Dessie. You're gonna do well in the 1st Div son.
    With his brother down the road.

His brother is better than him.

Where is he going to find trendy coloured boots in Dundalk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

stovelid wrote: »
    Where is he going to find trendy coloured boots in Dundalk?
    Emerald Sports, Earl St. They stock a wide and varied range for all your sporting needs.

Emerald Sports, Earl St. They stock a wide and varied range for all your sporting needs.

I think Dessie might need these at this stage:

billy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Derry City striker Conor Sammon is on trial at Kilmarnock. Bit about it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Great signing for us if it goes ahead , I also heard that he will be signing today. That will surely see us out of this division now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If there's a hand on your ass and you think it's a lass..... it's the Bakers..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Dessie Baker spotted in the beautiful town of Dundalk. Apparently he's signing for us today.
    You might want to let Pat Scully know; he seems blissfully unaware:
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=33285

djpbarry wrote: »
    You might want to let Pat Scully know; he seems blissfully unaware:
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=33285

The Mirror reporting that Baker had words with Scully after the UCD match because he was dropped for the game....reports of Scully having a bust-up with a player every week :rolleyes:

The Mirror reporting that Baker had words with Scully after the UCD match because he was dropped for the game....reports of Scully having a bust-up with a player every week :rolleyes:

I think that we have all jumped the gun regarding the baker transfer , If dessie is available i think Shelbourne will also be having talks after they find out about the flood situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Sarge wrote: »
    I think that we have all jumped the gun regarding the baker transfer , If dessie is available i think Shelbourne will also be having talks after they find out about the flood situation.

We've Philly Gorman coming in so I doubt it. If we're replacing anyone it'll be Keith Dunne who left Shels the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Hear shields left harps :(:( who was it got him???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pats have signed Jason Gavin from Drogheda. He goes straight into the squad against Cork on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pats have signed Jason Gavin from Drogheda. He goes straight into the squad against Cork on Sunday

best centre half in the league and he will be sadly missed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Kilmarnock's site tells me that among their goalscorers in their 3-0 victory was a trialist, but no name is given. I hope this trialist is Mr. Conor Sammon.

DSB wrote: »

He'll surely be signed now. It was great luck for him to score in a one off match like that (unless it's extended), given that he wouldn't be the most prolific striker in the EL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Stenhousemuir would be a few steps below even the Galway and Cobh sides of the league though.

That's true, I know. Still, it's an excellent impression to provide the Killies gaffer with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs sign Gary Deegan till the end of the season, anyone know anything about him?

Ndo close to signing apparently.

bohsman wrote: »
    Ndo close to signing apparently.

For Bohs?

rofl, has he actually kicked a ball this year?

I hope to christ yiz are getting him on a pay as you play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

For Bohs?

rofl, has he actually kicked a ball this year?

I hope to christ yiz are getting him on a pay as you play.

3 appearances afaik

Useless waster he is bohs are welcome to him
    hope we got a fee to cover some of the money we wasted on him

Yea, Pats wanted 80k, we offered 5k. Think hes played 4 games this season, contract rumoured to be "heavily based on pay as you play"

3 appearances afaik

Useless waster he is bohs are welcome to him
    hope we got a fee to cover some of the money we wasted on him

Has he even made that many appearances?? I remember he came on at home against UCD i think. Don't remember any other games! Did he play against Longford in the cup? I wasn't at that one

He came on against Bohs.

bohsman wrote: »
    He came on against Bohs.

That's right, it was bohs!!

Rumours that Lawrie Dudfield has signed a contract with Cork City today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gary Deegan is a quality player, never made it at Shels because well we were champions and had players with bags more quality.

As for Ndo I heard Bohs are playing him a bucket load a week and paid Pats a nice sum aswell.

Rumours that Lawrie Dudfield has signed a contract with Cork City today

Not a rumour. He will sign on Monday. Big question is where will he be Saturday week?

Also,a kid, Billy Dennehy, a left sided defender, released from Sunderland, has signed for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

redzerdrog wrote: »
    (on Jason Gavin) best centre half in the league and he will be sadly missed:(

He was the best centre half in the league for the last two seasons. But this season he has been way off his best. Was injured for a while and since returning from injury his sharpness & confidence looked shot to bits. Of course that may be more down to problems with Doolin - he'll probably start playing out of his skin now for Pats. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pats announce the signing of Jaroslaw Bialek (formerly of Widzew Lodz, Gornik Zabrze and Zaglebie Sosnowiec).

Not much info available on this guy - any Polish Boardsies know anything about him?

Dundalk have announced the signing of Derek Doyle from UCD , I'm very happy with that signing !

What do the UCD boys think of it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement