Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playstation is disconnected when my laptop or desktop goes online

Options
  • 10-07-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I can stop this?

Don't really know much about this sorta thing but is it something to do with the laptop/desktop taking ports from the PS3?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

what equipment are you using ? are you going through a router and how many ip numbers is it set to give out ? etc...

maybe the laptop/desktop is taking the ip# the ps3 is using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Yea that could be it. I'm using a eircom wireless router. How can I increase the number of IP addresses?

2200_3346-img.jpg
    The bottom router is the one I'm using.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have the bottom one also .

* open the netopia router config page .

* on the left handside click expert mode then yes.

* then click configure / advanced and then DHCP server.

* you will see DHCP start and DHCP end .

* change the last 3 digits on DHCP end to suit how many ip#'s you want the router to give out.

exp : DHCP start xxx.xxx.xxx.121

DHCP end xxx.xxx.xxx.123

will give out 3 ip#'s for your devices , one for laptop , one for desktop and one for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Clover wrote: »
    * change the last 3 digits on DHCP end to suit how many ip#'s you want the router to give out.

exp : DHCP start xxx.xxx.xxx.121

DHCP end xxx.xxx.xxx.123

will give out 3 ip#'s for your devices , one for laptop , one for desktop and one for the PS3.

Right so the DHCP end will be 121 and I should change it to 123 (3 relating to the number of IPs the router should give out?

Thanks I'll try it on the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Aye probably IP addresses. Might it be a restriction on usage of only 1 mac address at a time also? :confused: Not sure if that option is available on those routers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement