Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Missing Vehicle Registration Cert

Options
  • 10-07-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I am about to trade in my car but cannot locate the vehicle registration cert. Does a dealer require this or can they get around not having it? Presume they will want to ensure that I am the owner of the car.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

You lost the Vehicle Registration Certificate or the Vehicle Licensing Certificate ?
    Two different things alltogether.

When transfering ownership you need to fill out 'part B' on the back of the Vehicle Licensing Certificate.

Details here on the Change of vehicle ownership page.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Recent threads here suggest the dealer will go ahead with the deal as long as you send off the form for the replacement cert - it's up to them though.

Why don't you ring them instead of asking peoples opinion who don't even know who the dealer is.:confused:

Advertisement