Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for memorial tattoo

Options
  • 10-07-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

My dog died:( I would like a tattoo -not his portrait as I don't believe anyone near to me would be able to do it perfectly and I can't travel. But something with his initial,a V, incorporated into a love symbol, I thought a heart but my son says its a bit common, naff, whatever -I just cannot get any ideas, my head is a bit of a mess at the moment, but I want something.Any ideas? I feel so low at the moment, I really want something to help me:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Sorry to hear it :(

Here's something I put together, it's a bit rough (and I'm a bit crap), but there's a concept there... might be a starting point for something, or give you some ideas.

Nice memorial idea btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Personally I like that a lot. well done Donkey Style \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Sorry to hear it :(

Here's something I put together, it's a bit rough (and I'm a bit crap), but there's a concept there... might be a starting point for something, or give you some ideas.

Nice memorial idea btw.
    Hahaha that's deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Aw thanks, I can't believe you took the time to do that - its great but not quite what I had in mind, honestly I'm not really sure what I had in mind, something maybe a bit softer, I was thinking of having it on my chest above my breast, something for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmm, the bones were initially a doggy thing, but probably not as cute for a pet that's passed away. :o
    I still like the paw-print thing, maybe without the claws though... I saw some nice ones on google image search where there was some cursive text with the name, then a small paw-print just above it.
    Don't let the harsh look of my one put you off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I saw some nice ones on google image search where there was some cursive text with the name, then a small paw-print just above it.
    Don't let the harsh look of my one put you off!
    Yes I saw those too, but I don't know.....I quite like this sort of thing but I'm not sure how I could put in his initial, or name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

an ex of mine had two paw prints for his dog and it's puppy that were killed, the prints were taken from wet cement the dogs walked in by accident so were the exact prints of his dog...maybe a black print with a kind of ornate V in the centre in white ink or something...

Advertisement