Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Paint from PVC Windows

Options
  • 10-07-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Guys,

Hope someone can provide some advice.

Painted outside of house & got some (quite a lot) of splashes of paint (weathershield) onto the windows.

I have left it for quite some time & now want to remove it!

I have managed to get it of the glass ok - but the wood grain effect PVC frame is proving very difficult.

I have tried petrol & then washing with soapy water - no good - it leaves the window frame very dull!

Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance

Tanka

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

tanka006 wrote: »
    Guys,

Hope someone can provide some advice.

Painted outside of house & got some (quite a lot) of splashes of paint (weathershield) onto the windows.

I have left it for quite some time & now want to remove it!

I have managed to get it of the glass ok - but the wood grain effect PVC frame is proving very difficult.

I have tried petrol & then washing with soapy water - no good - it leaves the window frame very dull!

Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance

Tanka

I just used water, some fairy liquid and a nailbrush & tooth brush.
    Just use them gently and they should remove it from the grain (mine is wood effect also)
    You could also try some paint thinner on a cotton bud but test it somewhere inconspicuous first in case it remove the shine or pigment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Exterior emulsion is a bugger to shift especially if the sun gets at it.
    Paint thinners won't do anything, strippers/solvents are too harsh on the PVC.
    You need a product called Oops all purpose cleaner/remover...get it in most paint shops.

Next time use masking tape.

Advertisement